austin smotherman caddie

AUSTIN, Texas A year ago, Scottie Scheffler used a newfound swagger and closing ability to roll through the bracket at the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play and capture his third PGA Tour title in just seven weeks. But his round started to turn when he took an aggressive line over the water and left of the pin to about 7 feet on the par-3 17th and holed the putt for one of only two birdies on that hole in the first round. I wish I would have taken advantage of it more, Rahm said. Rahm is playing for the second time in three weeks since his Masters victory. Im happy I played as good as I did on the back nine and capped it off with the putt on the last hole., AP golf: https://apnews.com/hub/golf and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports, Local news, weather, sports, events, restaurants and more, Smotherman posts 63 for one-shot lead in Mexico, Rahm 4 back, Nationals ride MacKenzie Gore and beat the Mets again, The 26 best things to do in D.C. this weekend and next week, For the Nationals, Asia remains an untapped market for talent. Terms of Use Who is Austin Smotherman? Frankie and Chez, they look at me like Im nuts and then 30 seconds later the bees just went right at them. Its funny, but certainly dont want to get stung by those bad boys.. "Just the reception, winning an event like that, the Mexico Open, which has such a deep history. Masters champion Jon Rahm, who won the Mexico Open at Vidanta for his only PGA Tour title a year ago, had five birdies on his last 11 holes to overcome a sluggish start for a 67. It's just like any other sanctioned event for me. I don't think I need to get ahead of myself. Standing over the shot with a 4-iron, the South African backed off and said, Bees! I mean, still get a little bit of some goosebumps thinking about it, Smotherman said. PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, and the Swinging Golfer design are registered trademarks. But his round started to turn when he took an aggressive line over the water and left of the pin to about 7 feet on the par-3 17th and holed the putt for one of only two birdies on that hole in the first round. Van Rooyen also had a big finish, playing his final five holes in 4 under. subscription, Rahm sets record for earnings in PGA Tour season, Emotional victory for Alker on PGA Champions Tour, Top spot for Green at the JM Eagle LA Championship, UAE President lauds Sharjah Ruler after FC win, Ding Liren becomes China's first world chess champion, Man City return to the Premier League summit, Prez beats Verstappen to win Azerbaijan Grand Prix, Bangalore defend 126 against Lucknow in IPL, Investors sue Adidas over Kanye partnership, fallout, Arteta adamant Arsenal still in title race, Leeds apologise for ignoring young fan goes viral, Record 9 million visitors for Global Village in Dubai. His name is on the trophy with Ben Crenshaw, Billy Casper, Lee Trevino, Bobby Locke and Roberto De Vicenzo. He finished his round Thursday as though he'd love to see it on there again, closing with four straight. The Korn Ferry trademark is also a registered trademark, and is used in the Korn Ferry Tour logo with permission. Here's the leaderboard after the first round: Round 2 of the 2023 Mexico Open will start at 8:45 am on Friday, April 28, with Brian Stuard, Kelly Kraft, and Joseph Bramlett teeing up on hole 1. Im happy I played as good as I did on the back nine and capped it off with the putt on the last hole.. I'm going to have a cold beer after this round today with my parents and just keep it very simple, Pereda said. Pereda missed a 4-foot birdie putt on the par-5 18th but had no complaints about his first time playing on the PGA Tour. Ngc li, nh ng kim v ch The Masters li gp cht kh khn 9 h cui khi mc bogey h 11 v 16 nhng ghi 2 birdie h 14 v 17 gip anh cn bng . Smotherman played bogey-free at Vidanta Vallarta. Frankie and Chez, they look at me like Im nuts and then 30 seconds later the bees just went right at them. Tony Finau was among five players at 65, and one of them felt just as good as Smotherman. He missed only three greens on a gorgeous morning. He followed the plan perfectly. But his round started to turn when he took an aggressive line over the water and left of the pin to about 7 feet on the par-3 17th and holed the putt for one of only two birdies on that hole in the first round. VALLARTA, Mexico (AP) Austin Smotherman already has his name on the Mexico Open trophy. Rahm is playing for the second time in three weeks since his Masters victory. Those first 13 holes we had virtually no wind, about as easy conditions as it can get. Pereda missed a 4-foot birdie putt on the par-5 18th but had no complaints about his first time playing on the PGA Tour. Before long, Chez Reavie and Francesco Molinari and the caddies hit the turf to avoid a swarm of bees. A theory making the rounds at the time was that Scheffler's comfortable connection with new caddie . Heartbreak for Austin Smotherman. He missed only three greens on a gorgeous morning. Even so, the Mexico Open dates to 1944. Tony Finau was among five players at 65, and one of them felt just as good as Smotherman. His name is on the trophy with Ben Crenshaw, Billy Casper, Lee Trevino, Bobby Locke and Roberto De Vicenzo. The 28-year-old American pro golfer married Jesse Smotherman, his long-time girlfriend. PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, and the Swinging Golfer design are registered trademarks. There are names on that trophy that are in the Hall of Fame. Your login session has expired. It's 18 holes a day, and just 18 chances for birdie, and just commit to every shot.. The funny moment seem to spur van Rooyen, who played his final five holes in 4 under and sits one shot back of leader Austin Smotherman after a 7-under 64. He also had a pair of birdies on the pars 5 on the back nine. Prior to teeing off,. The swarm caused van Rooyen and playing partners Chez Reavie and Francesco Molinari (plus the television crew) to get down on their knees or stomachs to avoid getting stung. 14 before holing out from 137 yards for an eagle on the next hole. "I'm happy I played as good as I did on the back nine and capped it off with the putt on the last hole.". Copyright 2023 PGA TOUR, Inc. Todos los derechos reservados. The last time was on his final hole, the par-3 ninth, and he chipped in for his eighth birdie of the round. He also had a pair of birdies on the pars 5 on the back nine. Bees! He followed the plan perfectly. I wish I would have taken advantage of it more, Rahm said. Rory McIlroy to defend RBC Canadian Open title at Oakdale Golf and Country Club, Hannah Green of Australia wins LPGA at Wilshire in playoff, Finau wins Mexico Open, Gooch wins 2nd straight LIV event. Im going to have a cold beer after this round today with my parents and just keep it very simple, Pereda said. Before long, Reavie and Molinari and the caddies hit the turf to avoid the swarm. "I've been out doing. The 13th hole there, he said, has a green next to water where one might see buffalo, hippo and even elephants. His coach at Jacksonville, Mike Blackburn, sent him a text ahead of his first round to enjoy every shot as it comes. La marca comercial de Korn Ferry tambin es una marca comercial registrada y se usa en el logotipo del Korn Ferry Tour con autorizacin. He won the Mexico Open in 2018 on a different golf course -- it was held in Tijuana that year -- and when it was part of the PGA TOUR Latinoamerica schedule. Rahm is playing for the second time in three weeks since his Masters victory. I'm going to have a cold beer after this round today with my parents and just keep it very simple, Pereda said. His start was less than ideal in the best of the weather. His coach at Jacksonville, Mike Blackburn, sent him a text ahead of his first round to enjoy every shot as it comes. Disable anytime. To find out more about the cookies and data we use, please check out our, Dear Reader, please register to read gulfnews.com, Password should have minimum 7 characters with at least one letter and number, Digital Unfortunately for Austin Smotherman, we can't remember a player falling outside the top 125 in more brutal fashion than what happened to him on Saturday morning. Standing over the shot with a 4-iron, the South African van Rooyen backed off and said, "Bees! He finished with a 25-foot birdie putt, his third birdie putt of 15 feet or longer. Van Rooyen, who finished T-2, posted a 4-under score on Thursday that included an eagle and a pair of birdies. Raul Pereda of Mexico, who played college golf at Jacksonville University, made his PGA Tour debut as a sponsor exemption in his national Open. Those first 13 holes we had virtually no wind, about as easy conditions as it can get. He missed only three greens on a gorgeous morning. Goya played bogey-free and finished with a birdie from left of the green on the par-5 18th. Tano Goya and Erik van Rooyen trail Smotherman by one, both on seven under, with the latter having a big finish that saw him play his final five holes in four under - including an eagle on the par-four 15th when he holed out from 141 yards. He twice failed to get up-and-down from just off the green, missing par putts from the 6-foot range. Those first 13 holes we had virtually no wind, about as easy conditions as it can get. Jon Rahm, of Spain, checks his score card . "A national open anywhere is very special.". Its just like any other sanctioned tour event for me. He said he hit pitching wedge and just went straight at it.. That included an eagle on the par-4 15th when he holed out from 141 yards. It's 18 holes a day, and just 18 chances for birdie, and just commit to every shot.. Goya played bogey-free and finished with a birdie from left of the green on the par-5 18th. VALLARTA, Mexico -- Austin Smotherman already has his name on the Mexico Open trophy. There are names on that trophy that are in the Hall of Fame. It's just like any other sanctioned tour event for me. His name is on the trophy with Ben Crenshaw, Billy Casper, Lee Trevino, Bobby Locke and Roberto De Vicenzo. He missed only three greens on a gorgeous morning. Both on your website and other media. Austin Smotherman holds a 1-shot lead at the Mexico Open, where a swarm of bees briefly interrupted play and had the group of Erik Van Rooyen, Chez Reavie and Francesco Molinari running for cover. Bees! He twice failed to get up-and-down from just off the green, missing par putts from the 6-foot range. Standing over the shot with a 4-iron, the South African backed off and said, Bees! Smotherman entered Wyndham. That included an eagle on the par-4 15th when he holed out from 141 yards. He also had a pair of birdies on the pars 5 on the back nine. Rahm is playing for the second time in three weeks since his Masters victory. And he looks at me like I'm crazy," Van Rooyen said. Pereda missed a 4-foot birdie putt on the par-5 18th but had no complaints about his first time playing on the PGA Tour. Rahm is playing for the second time in three weeks since his Masters victory. Smotherman is winless on the PGA Tour. I mean, still get a little bit of some goosebumps thinking about it, Smotherman said. He finished his round Thursday as though he'd love to see it on there again, closing with four straight. Its 18 holes a day, and just 18 chances for birdie, and just commit to every shot.. He finished his round Thursday as though he'd love to see it on there again, closing with four straight. Prior to teeing off, van Rooyen joked with his caddie that he saw Smothermans 63 which tied the course record and said he probably did everything well. He missed only three greens on a gorgeous morning. Tony Finau was among five players at 65, and one of them felt just as good as Smotherman. 2023 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network, LLC. His name is on the trophy with Ben Crenshaw, Billy Casper, Lee Trevino, Bobby Locke and Roberto De Vicenzo. Van Rooyen also had a big finish, playing his final five holes in 4 under. 230 likes, 3 comments - TaylorMade Golf Canada (@taylormade_ca) on Instagram: "How did @gaugs88 pull this off? The last time was on his final hole, the par-3 ninth, and he chipped in for his eighth birdie of the round. So I dropped down, then he sees them, he dropped down. Smotherman played bogey-free at Vidanta Vallarta. Raul Pereda of Mexico, who played college golf at Jacksonville University, made his PGA Tour debut as a sponsor exemption in his national Open. The last time he did so was on his final hole, the par-three ninth, where he ultimately chipped in for his eighth birdie of the round. The 2021 Barracuda Championship winner added another birdie on his closing hole to put a bow on the 64 his lowest TOUR round since a 62 at The American Express in January. Bees briefly halt Mexico play; Smotherman atop, LIV's Gooch may miss U.S. Open over rule tweak, Rozner shoots 63 to lead Korea Championship, Jon Rahm begins title defense, LIV players contemplate Ryder Cup and more from the golf world, Canada, Latin America to form PGA Tour Americas, Hardy, Riley WD from Mexico Open fresh off win, Hensby wins Invited Celebrity Classic in playoff, Vu wins Chevron in playoff to claim first major. I'm going to have a cold beer after this round today with my parents and just keep it very simple, Pereda said. Masters champion Jon Rahm, who won the Mexico Open at Vidanta for his only 2022 PGA Tour title a year ago, had five birdies on his last 11 holes to overcome a sluggish start for a 67. Pereda missed a 4-foot birdie putt on the par-5 18th but had no complaints about his first time playing on the PGA TOUR. . Bees! Before long, Chez Reavie and Francesco Molinari and the caddies hit the turf to avoid a swarm of bees. Raul Pereda of Mexico, who played college golf at Jacksonville University, made his PGA TOUR debut as a sponsor exemption in his national Open. I just told my caddie, Bees, bees, bees. And he looks at me like I'm crazy, van Rooyen said. He finished his round Thursday as though he'd love to see it on there again, closing with four straight. Al Nisr Publishing LLC 2023. House G.O.P., Divided Over Immigration, Advances Border Crackdown Plan; Democrats see abortion as winning issue with 2024 Biden reelection launch He followed the plan perfectly. I just told my caddie, Bees, bees, bees. And he looks at me like I'm crazy, van Rooyen said. The South African's best moment, however, might have been on the 10th hole when, standing over his shot with a four-iron, he backed off and said, "Bees! Bees! Before long, Chez Reavie and Francesco Molinari and the caddies hit the turf to avoid a swarm of bees. subscription, ePaper Bees! It's just like any other sanctioned tour event for me. I had a 4-iron in my hand to a pin thats tucked on the right, he explained. Frankie and Chez, they look at me like Im nuts and then 30 seconds later the bees just went right at them. "I'm happy I played as good as I did on the back nine and capped it off with the putt on the last hole.". His start was less than ideal in the best of the weather. He missed only three greens on a gorgeous morning. Privacy Policy. VALLARTA, Mexico (AP) Austin Smotherman already has his name on the Mexico Open trophy. Smotherman acknowledged the honor of being on the winners list alongside such big names. The Korn Ferry trademark is also a registered trademark, and is used in the Korn Ferry Tour logo with permission. The 2021 Barracuda Championship winner added another birdie on his closing hole to put a bow on the 64 - his lowest TOUR round since a 62 at The American Express in January. Bees! "I'm going to have a cold beer after this round today with my parents and just keep it very simple," Pereda said. 125 entering the week) after going par-double bogey on his final two holes after the restart to miss. Just the reception, winning an event like that, the Mexico Open, which has such a deep history. Austin Smotherman already has his name on the Mexico Open trophy. Its funny, but certainly dont want to get stung by those bad boys.. He missed only three greens on a gorgeous morning. ', Transfer Centre LIVE! Van Rooyen also had a big finish, playing his final five holes in 4 under. "I wish I would have taken advantage of it more. There are names on that trophy that are in the Hall of Fame. It's 18 holes a day, and just 18 chances for birdie, and just commit to every shot.. That included an eagle on the par-4 15th when he holed out from 141 yards. Frankie and Chez, they look at me like Im nuts and then 30 seconds later the bees just went right at them. His start was less than ideal in the best of the weather. Neville: Spurs can't afford to let Kane leave this summer, Arteta: This is not over | Lampard: Arsenal still in the title race. Consider a small monthly contribution to support your local journalists. He twice failed to get up-and-down from just off the green, missing par putts from the 6-foot range. Smotherman is winless on the PGA TOUR. Tano Goya played bogey-free and finished with a birdie from left of the green on the par-5 18th. AP golf: https://apnews.com/hub/golf and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports, Sign in or register for your free account. A national open anywhere is very special.. And he looks at me like I'm crazy," van Rooyen said. Dermot: Klopp case closed but Jota got lucky! His name is on the trophy with Ben Crenshaw, Billy Casper, Lee Trevino, Bobby Locke and Roberto De Vicenzo. His start was less than ideal in the best of the weather. "I just told my caddie, Bees, bees, bees.' Standing over the shot with a 4-iron, the South African backed off and said, Bees! "Just the reception, winning an event like that, the Mexico Open, which has such a deep history. He followed the plan perfectly. Even so, the Mexico Open dates to 1944. Even so, the Mexico Open dates to 1944. "So I dropped down, then he sees them, he dropped down. "Those first 13 holes we had virtually no wind, about as easy conditions as it can get," Rahm said after his round. Smotherman played bogey-free at Vidanta Vallarta. Get the best prices and book a round at one of 1,700 courses across the UK & Ireland. Im happy I played as good as I did on the back nine and capped it off with the putt on the last hole.. "I just told my caddie, 'Bees, bees, bees.' VALLARTA, Mexico Austin Smotherman already has his name on the Mexico Open trophy. Bees! Before long, Chez Reavie and Francesco Molinari and the caddies hit the turf to avoid a swarm of bees. I just told my caddie, Bees, bees, bees. And he looks at me like I'm crazy, van Rooyen said. He eventually hit just to the right of the green, pitched on, one-putted for a par and finished with a seven-under 64 that put him a stroke behind leader Austin Smotherman. He finished his round Thursday as though he'd love to see it on there again, closing with four straight birdies for an 8-under. His start was less than ideal in the best of the weather. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Frankie and Chez, they look at me like I'm nuts and then 30 seconds later the bees just went right at them. Raul Pereda of Mexico, who played college golf at Jacksonville University, made his PGA TOUR debut as a sponsor exemption in his national Open. There are names on that trophy that are in the Hall of Fame. The last time was on his final hole, the par-3 ninth, and he chipped in for his eighth birdie of the round. Click here to learn more. He finished his round Thursday as though hed love to see it on there again, closing with four straight birdies for an 8-under 63 and a one-shot lead over Erik van Rooyen and Tano Goya. The last time was on his final hole, the par-3 ninth, and he chipped in for his eighth birdie of the round. His first victory on the Korn Ferry Tour came in 2021 at the Simmons Bank Open, where he beat Paul Haley II and Yuan Yechun by 3 strokes. Goya played bogey-free and finished with a birdie from left of the green on the par-5 18th. I feel like Ive been trending the last couple months and things came together nicely today. His start was less than ideal in the best of the weather. Papers: Zidane keen on return to management, Klopp rages at ref Tierney again | PGMOL: Official did nothing wrong, Sprint beef, Ferrari respite & reignited title fight | What we learnt in Baku, Ten Hag: Criticism of Bruno captaincy 'crazy', Neville: Spurs 'a shambolic mess' | Levy under massive pressure, John Rahm four off Mexico Open leader Austin Smotherman after the opening round at Vidanta. Goya played bogey-free and finished with a birdie from left of the green on the par-5 18th. Van Rooyen also had a big finish, playing his final five holes in 4 under. Defending champion Jon Rahm had a rough start at Vidanta Vallarta, but five birdies in the last 11 holes meant he would finish T-14 with a score of 4-under 67. Pereda missed a 4-foot birdie putt on the par-5 18th but had no complaints about his first time playing on the PGA Tour. @austin_smotherman's caddie is a wizard. Bees! I don't think I need to get ahead of myself. Bees! Im going to have a cold beer after this round today with my parents and just keep it very simple, Pereda said. Smotherman, Austin Austin Gaugert Stallings, Scott Jon Yarbrough Straka, Sepp John Davenport Streb, Robert Steve Catlin Streelman, Kevin Michael Bestor Stroud, Chris Christopher Brown Stuard, Brian Todd Montoya Svensson, Adam AJ Montecinos Tarren, Callum Ryan Boshoven Taylor, Nick Dave Markle Taylor, Vaughn Frank Williams Thompson, Curtis Dave Lees I'm going to have a cold beer after this round today with my parents and just keep it very simple, Pereda said. He won the 2021 Simmons Bank Open. Copyright 2023 PGA TOUR, Inc. All rights reserved. That included an eagle on the par-4 15th when he holed out from 141 yards. He missed only three greens on a gorgeous morning. PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, and the Swinging Golfer design are registered trademarks. Im happy I played as good as I did on the back nine and capped it off with the putt on the last hole.. Ref Watch LIVE! Smotherman is winless on the PGA TOUR. Bees!" Raul Pereda of Mexico, who played college golf at Jacksonville University, made his PGA Tour debut as a sponsor exemption in his national Open. Masters . Bees! Before long, Chez Reavie and Francesco Molinari and the caddies hit the turf to avoid a swarm of bees. It's 18 holes a day, and just 18 chances for birdie, and just commit to every shot.. It's funny, but certainly don't want to get stung by those bad boys. He twice failed to get up-and-down from just off the green, missing par putts from the 6-foot range. Masters champion Jon Rahm, who won the Mexico Open at Vidanta for his only PGA Tour title a year ago, had five birdies on his last 11 holes to overcome a sluggish start for a 67. He also had a pair of birdies on the pars 5 on the back nine. He finished his round Thursday as though he'd love to see it on there again, closing with four straight birdies for an 8-under 63 and a one-shot lead over Erik van Rooyen and Tano Goya. Smotherman played bogey-free at Vidanta Vallarta. Tony Finau was among five players at 65, and one of them felt just as good as Smotherman. Frankie and Chez, they look at me like Im nuts and then 30 seconds later the bees just went right at them. Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. "Frankie and Chez, they look at me like I'm nuts and then 30 seconds later the bees just went right at them. At the moment Austin and his wife are not known to be parents yet since they have no kids yet. That included an eagle on the par-4 15th when he holed out from 141 yards. He finished with a 25-foot birdie putt, his third birdie putt of 15 feet or longer. Im happy I played as good as I did on the back nine and capped it off with the putt on the last hole., AP golf: https://apnews.com/hub/golf and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports. Golfer takes early lead at 2023 Mexico Open at Vidanta. Bees! Austin Smotherman prepares hits a shot during the third round of the Nationwide Children's Hospital Championship at The Ohio State University Golf Club on Aug. 28 in Columbus, Ohio. The last time was on his final hole, the par-3 ninth, and he chipped in for his eighth birdie of the round. Jimmy Walker, Bill Haas, and Grayson Sigg will tee up Hole 10 at the same time. It's 18 holes a day, and just 18 chances for birdie, and just commit to every shot.. He finished his round Thursday as though he'd love to see it on there again, closing with four straight birdies for an 8-under 63 and a one-shot lead over Erik van Rooyen and Tano Goya. "I don't think I need to get ahead of myself. He finished with a 25-foot birdie putt, his third birdie putt of 15 feet or longer. I mean, still get a little bit of some goosebumps thinking about it, Smotherman said. Canada's Taylor Pendrith Tony Finau were among five players at 65, and one of them felt just as good as Smotherman. His start was less than ideal in the best of the weather. Please logout and login again. After two delays, rainy weather and windy conditions, Austin Smotherman captured the title at the Simmons Bank Open for the Snedeker Foundation Sunday afternoon. They were together for a few years. Its funny, but certainly dont want to get stung by those bad boys.. The. Standing over the shot with a 4-iron, the South African backed off and said, Bees! A national open anywhere is very special.. Information from the Associated Press was used in this report. I just saw them here and I just told my caddie, I'm like, Bees, bees, bees, and he looks at me like I'm crazy, said van Rooyen. Im happy I played as good as I did on the back nine and capped it off with the putt on the last hole.. Bees!" He finished his round Thursday as though he'd love to see it on there again, closing with four straight birdies for an 8-under 63 and a one-shot lead over Erik van Rooyen and Tano Goya. VALLARTA, Mexico -- Austin Smotherman already has his name on the Mexico Open trophy. This website stores cookies on your computer. Its funny, but certainly dont want to get stung by those bad boys.. He twice failed to get up-and-down from just off the green, missing par putts from the 6-foot range. "A swarm of bees was probably not something @FredVR_ and crew saw coming @MexicoOpenGolf pic.twitter.com/4RjzysQ5qx. Highlights of round one at the Mexico Open at the Vidanta Vallarta course, Jon Rahm carded a four-under opening round of 67 at the Mexico Open, Erik van Rooyen and several other players on the 10th hole of the Abierto Mexicano de Golf course as they were forced to drop to the floor because of an approaching swarm of bees, Ref Watch: 'Klopp case closed but Jota got lucky! He finished his round Thursday as though he'd love to see it on there again, closing with four straight birdies for an 8-under 63 and a one-shot lead over Erik van Rooyen and Tano Goya. "I mean, still get a little bit of some goosebumps thinking about it," Smotherman said. He won the Mexico Open in 2018 on a different golf course it was held in Tijuana that year and when it was part of the PGA Tour Latinoamerica schedule. He won the Mexico Open in 2018 on a different golf course it was held in Tijuana that year and when it was part of the PGA Tour Latinoamerica schedule. Raul Pereda of Mexico, who played college golf at Jacksonville University, made his PGA Tour debut as a sponsor exemption in his national Open. No results found. Smotherman, a college teammate of Bryson DeChambeau at SMU, turned pro in 2016. VALLARTA, Mexico -- Austin Smotherman already has his name on the Mexico Open trophy. Austin Smotherman closed the first round of the Mexico Open at Vidanta with four back-to-back birdies, carding an 8-under 63 to secure a one-stroke lead over Erik van Rooyen and Tano Goya. I mean, still get a little bit of some goosebumps thinking about it, Smotherman said. He also had a pair of birdies on the pars 5 on the back nine. His best moment might have been a par on the 10th. "Just the reception, winning an event like that, the Mexico Open, which has such a deep history. At Vidanta Vallarta, Austin Smotherman is the current leader at -8 under through one round in the 2023 Mexico Open at Vidanta (Vallarta, Mexico).Smotherman shot -8 on Thursday in the first round to take a one-stroke lead over Erik Van Rooyen.Looking for players' tee times for the second round of the 2023 Mexico Open at Vidanta, plus TV and streaming info? Austin shot an 8-under par 63 to hold a one-shot lead over Erik van Rooyen and Tano Goya. 10 played as the second-toughest of the day. A national open anywhere is very special.. Youve just got reset and refocus, so its simple., Van Rooyen began his day with four birdies in his first seven holes before making a bogey on the par-4 eighth. He finished with a 25-foot birdie putt, his third birdie putt of 15 feet or longer. Masters champion Jon Rahm, who won the Mexico Open at Vidanta for his only PGA Tour title a year ago, had five birdies on his last 11 holes to overcome a sluggish start for a 67.

Gateshead Council Bungalows To Rent, Bridgfords Meet The Team, Galveston County Jail Inmate Search, Atc Conversion Kit, Articles A

austin smotherman caddie