connie bernard baton rouge video

Privacy Policy. Bernard has come under fire in the past after she was filmed in a 2018 video where she entered a neighbor's house and grabbed a teenager by the neck as she shouted profanities. One school board's move to rename a Louisiana high school named after Robert E. Lee has resulted in calls for a board member to step down. I had intended to get up here and talk about how racist Robert E. Lee was, but Im going to talk about you, Connie, Chambers told Bernard, video shows. You should resign You should walk out of here and resign and never come back because you are the example of racism in this community. You should walk out of here and resign and never come back because you are the example of racism in this community, Chambers said. "There are few figures in American history that are more divisive, hypocritical and demoralizing than Robert E. Lee, a native of the state of Virginia, not Louisiana," the June 9 letter said. "The actions taken by my colleague are inexcusable," Howard, vice president of the school board, wrote in an Instagram post on Saturday. In the summer of 2020, she came under fire from politically correct liberals angered at her vacillation about Confederate names on public buildings. Katie Kennison was very close behind her in the race. Not surprisingly, Goedeke at . Warning: The video below contains graphic language. Elected official accused of shopping online during school board meeting Elected official accused of shopping online during school board meeting. He said this comes even after Bernards viral moment with Gary Chambers. This was not my intention when I offered to withdraw in the primary election. "We thought it was best to keep the name in honor of that long legacy of alumni," Bernard told the station, adding, "I would hope that they would learn a little bit more about General Lee.". He better SAYTHAT! I love US for real. 01:59 - Source: CNN. "I condemn racial injustice in any form. Connie Bernard Connie Bernard (Image via East Baton Rouge Parish School System). BATON ROUGE, La. UPDATE: Connie Bernard has announced she's stepping down as the vice president of the East Baton Rouge Parish School Board. According to History.com, Lee inherited his father-in-laws plantation, his debts and about 200 slaves. (BRPROUD) The East Baton Rouge District 8 School Board election ended on a cliffhanger Tuesday night. She left office on January 1, 2023. You sit your arrogant self in here and sit on there shopping while the pain and the hurt of the people of this community is on display because you dont give a damn and you should resign, the activist, Gary Chambers Jr., told board member Connie Bernard at the hearing. I love US for real. Connie needs to resign. Chambers referenced Lees tactics as a slave owner and the large number of casualties during the Battle of Gettysburg, in which Lee led the Confederate army, as some of the reasons he was not a figure to be celebrated. // &lt;! Chambers!! So if people tell you money is everything in politics, you can use this race as an example, stated Darr. But thats how the privileged behave. dtatman@ebrschools.org, cbernard@ebrschools.org, mgaudet@ebrschools.org, jdyason@ebrschools.org, ewarejackson@ebrschools.org, dcollins1@ebrschools.org, thoward4@ebrschools.org, dlanus@ebrschools.org, mbellue@ebrschools.org. According to Crawfish Tracker: Signs of life (and price drops). BY CHARLES LUSSIER | clussier@theadvocate.com, Baton Rouge school board member issued summons over confrontation at neighbor's party, Baton Rouge school board member apologizes for using profanity; DA looking into confrontation, Embattled EBR school board member Connie Bernard gives up VP post, citing husband's cancer diagnosis, Baton Rouge school board member's next court appearance in battery case set for December, Who is Connie Bernard: 5 facts about Baton Rouge school board member in viral video, Connie Bernard, facing a recall, is not backing down: 'She's getting ready for a fight'. In her resignation letter, Bernard attributedthe decision to her husband's battle with cancer and her need to assist in his care. Then she chocked a teenager in his home in 2018, she shouldve resigned then. 1 LSU baseball completes the sweep over Alabama, winning game three 13-11. // ]]> The Advocate left messages with Bernard on Thursday that were not returned. A Change.org petition urging Bernard to resign garnered more than 7,200 signatures as of Sunday afternoon. Weve had enough of her poor leadership. Baton Rouge School Board Member Connie Bernard is shopping while we are discussing changing the name of Lee High. [CDATA[ // &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;! Weve had enough of her poor leadership. She never even said why she was supporting Brown. appreciated. He didn't just switch sides, he changed positions. The Baton Rouge activist also spoke to TMZ about the viral video: Even with the world watching Connie has yet to resign. I stand on that. CNN Sans & 2016 Cable News Network. Watch the 2 Your Health report for Wednesday, Watch the 2 Your Health report for Tuesday, Crawfish Tracker: A good time to get boilin'. A weak frontal system will push through the Friday AM Forecast: Plenty of sunshine today, No. HAMMOND, La. And this isn't the first time Gary has called Connie out. This afternoon, Connie said she would NOT resign from the school board. . Following the news conference, Bernard sent a statement to WBRZ saying she had no intention of resigning. E. Lee. We elect them to vote the will of the people. "You should walk out of here and resign and never come back because you are the example of racism in this community. Thank you Mr. Zoe Kravitz & Channing Tatum's NYC Bike Ride Looks Real Coupledom-Like, FAMILY AFFAIR: Keke Palmer And Her Boys Make Their Red Carpet Debut At Atlanta Film Fest, BABY #2 LOADING: Sydel Curry Shows Off Her Baby Bump Before Heading Off To See Her Husband Damion Lee's Playoff Game, Tyrese's Child Support Battle Takes A Costly Turn: Judge Orders Him To Pay Nearly $650K To Ex-Wife & Attorney, Ty Plans To Appeal, Antonio Browns Unpaid Child Support Prompts Judge To Issue An Arrest Warrant, Jonathan Majors Problems Mount As More Alleged Abuse Victims Collaborate With D.A. He called her out for, what appeared to be, shopping online during a school board meeting to change the name of an EBR school to a less racially charged name. I stand with you, in love and respect.". During an East Baton Rouge Parish School Board meeting Thursday, officials encouraged community members to explain why they believed a local school should be renamed and to suggest alternate names. You should walk out of here and resign and never come back because you are the example of racism in this community, he added. And were done begging you to do whats right.. He was sharing his unfiltered and uncut opinions in support of changing the name of a high school named after Confederate general Robert E. Lee in the district after he caught her shopping . There was a problem saving your notification. The scandal erupted amid a move to rename a high school. To force our students to attend a school with such a name is not only degrading but it is culturally insensitive and a violation of our students rights!. We elect them to VOTE THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE. I told Connie Bernard to her face she needed to resign from the East Baton Rouge School board. Embattled East Baton Rouge Parish School Board member Connie Bernard on Friday gave up her position as vice president of the panel, saying her. Just before this vote I asked the Black board members to stay in solidarity. In response, over the weekend, Chambers shared video footage on Instagram that appears to show Bernard scrolling an online shopping site for several seconds. First elected in 2010, she faced a potential recall . This station is part of Cox Media Group Television. Although none of the board members would address the subject directly, VerettaLee had this message at the beginning of the meeting: "Be accountable. Email the board: Connie Bernard shouldve resigned in 2018, she absolutely should resign now. CNN In a now-viral video, an activist sharply criticized a Louisiana school board member who defended naming a school after Robert E. Lee - and who then appeared to be online shopping while. A Warner Bros. Independent Joseph Britt brought in around five thousand votes. This is a picture of you shopping while were talking about racism and history in this country," Gary said in the video, holding up the image of her shopping online (below). I personally watched her for about 8 minutes, he wrote in a post. Heres The Latest On Single-Again Kanye Wests Harassing Social Media Posts Aimed At Kim K, Lil Meech And Summer Walker Dating Rumors Heat Up: Meech Calls Cap On Bedroom Photo With Another Woman, Summer Seemingly FaceTimes Meech, Nelly & Ashanti Spin The Block, Fueling Dating Rumors While Cozied Up In Las Vegas, John Boyega BLASTED By IG Influencer Pam MacB For Allegedly Cheating On And Dehumanizing Her, Oh? Another board member, Tramelle Howard, called for Bernard's resignation following Thursday's hearing. [CDATA[ // &amp;amp;amp;lt;! BATON ROUGE - After a relatively slow decline in crawfish prices over the past month, the market is finally hitting peak springtime form. Lets make some #GoodTrouble together. South Korea battling second wave of coronavirus: health of Dad of crying infant that triggered Texas massacre 'never thought' gunman would shoot, NFL linebacker's 2-year-old daughter drowns in pool, ABC airs NYC footage with Twin Towers during Knicks-Heat game, Gayle King says she doesnt have a desire to retire: I want more work, WNBA star Brittney Griner is heading to the Met Gala, Mariah Carey celebrates Moroccan and Monroes 12th birthday: My babies, NY Post Sports Reporter Zach Braziller breaks down the Knicks game 1 loss to the Heat, Elon Musk Tells Bill Maher Woke Mind Virus Is Dangerous On Real Time, Kendall Jenner rocks sheer top, fur mini skirt for date night with Bad Bunny. They should all speak out and call for Connie to resign. Here's what we know. [CDATA[ In 1859, he ordered the whipping of three enslaved people who tried to escape, according to an 1866 account by Wesley Norris. FACTS!! East Baton Rouge School Board member Connie Bernard shown during an altercation with neighbors August 10, 2018 (screenshot from video). "Not one part of what I saw or what I heard, had anything to do with putting the children first," Tony Jones said. Sitting over there shopping while were talking about Robert E. Lee. Make her famous, so the world know some Karens are like Connie. Chambers, who recommended a few black historical figures, said he stands by his decision to address Bernard at Thursdays meeting and hopes that she will resign from her position on the board. Not their personal conscious. The statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee stands behind a crowd of hundreds of White nationalists, neo-Nazis and members of the "alt-right" during the "Unite the Right" rally August 12, 2017, in Charlottesville, Virginia. Then she got on TV last week telling Black folks we needed to learn more of Lees history. Baton Rouge school board member Connie Bernard gets blasted for shopping online while the board debated renaming a school bearing Robert E. Lee's name. 2020. // ]]&amp;gt; She was shopping while citizens were speaking about changing the name of Lee High. 16 Alabama with Four-Run, Five More Tigers Taken on Final Day of NFL Draft, #1 LSU Baseball captures game one vs Alabama, Public school students unable to receive $1,000 voucher for learning how to read. Then she got on TV last week telling Black folks we needed to learn more of Lees history. She can easily say the voters said they wanted me, so Im back, said Darr. The bottom line is that I hope to help school children succeed, and I would be honored to carry out the duties of being a school board member.. Moore said that McLindon told him that he would soon be enlisting as Bernard's attorney. It would be anything that she would like for me to consider so that I can give it to the affected parties, Moore said. LSU won 32-31 in overtime. Jonathan Majors Problems Mount As More Alleged Abuse Victims Collaborate With D.A. That needs to change in a city that is 56% Black. Bernard explains in a statement: My first thought when I woke up this morning was an incredible sense of gratitude for those supporters I have decided to remain in the race for School Board, District 8. He said Lee was a brutal slave master, cited a slaves account of being beaten, and told the board to stop being in 1856. He also said they should name the school after someone on the right side of history, such as Louisianas first Black governor, P.B.S. It was basically a three-way split with Connie Bernard actually getting the most votes and Kennison, just less than 100 votes behind her with the best-funded candidate, the independent, in third, stated LSU Political Communication Associate Professor Dr. Joshua Darr. Tramelle D. Howard - Vice President of the East Baton Rouge Parish School Board - told TMZ, "Myself and other members are asking for the immediate resignation of our colleague this week.". // &amp;amp;lt;! Make her famous, so the world know some Karens are like Connie. Three days after the incident, Bernard issued an apology for the profanity she used that night and the embarrassment the incident caused to friends and family, as well as distracting from her work on the School Board. I joined this race purely to serve, and Im looking forward to the next phase of the election. After a member of the East Baton Rouge Parish School Board defended keeping the school's name and appeared to be shopping online during a board meeting on the name change, fellow board members and local activists are demanding her resignation. Mr. Howard said if Connie does not resign, volunteers will go door to door in her district to get enough signatures from her constituents to have her removed from office. Watch Gary savagely rip East Baton Rouge Parish School Board member Connie Bernard and Kimberly break down her epic Race In America video that went viral inside. Sitting over there shopping while were talking about Robert E. Lee. You are horrible.. Whether its a short vacation or theyre jetting off to begin their career, show the future traveler you care with a meaningful graduation gift. In a now-viral video, an activist sharply criticized a Louisiana school board member who defended naming a school after Robert E. Lee and who then appeared to be online shopping while at a hearing on the topic. [CDATA[ // &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;! Gen. "My comments last week about the naming of Lee High School were insensitive, have caused pain for others and have led people to believe I am an enemy of people of color, and I am deeply sorry," she said. The father-in-laws will stipulated that the enslaved people be freed within five years, but Lee petitioned state courts to extend his control over them, the museum states. Connie Bernard assaulting youthBelow are links pertaining to the video, and a recent school board meeting where she defended Robert E. Lee, and seen online s. Man shot to death outside apartment complex Man shot to death outside apartment complex at Groom Road and Sherron Avenue; police asking public for help. 2023 Cable News Network. The RENPHO Foot Massager Machine may be just the gift to make Mothers Day extra special for your mom this year. Visit http://rolandsmartin.com/pocketsquares to order your shibori pocket squares today. Get your #RolandMartinUnfiltered The Year of Return t-shirts TODAY https://t.co/mIzmpOP5M0 Shop with Roland Martin and #RMU. and name recognition.. Click here for December 10 election results. [CDATA[ // &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;! Chambers said Bernard wasnt open to changing her stance and didnt care to hear the opinions of residents, a claim he supported by showing attendees a photo he had captured that showed Bernard shopping online during constituents presentations. "Her actions, as proven on the video, do not set a positive example for parents, students, or the system that she's elected to represent," said Carrie Griffin Monica, Executive Director of Stand for Children. The Advocate also left messages Thursday with her listed attorney, Aidan Reynolds, as well as another attorney, John McLindon. Activist/author Kimberly Jones captivated social media when a video of her explaining "Race In America" went viral. My comments last week about the naming of Lee High School were insensitive, have caused pain for others, and have led people to believe I am an enemy of people of color, and I am deeply sorry, Connie said in a statement to The Advocate. Follow Charles Lussier on Twitter, @Charles_Lussier. Chambers, though, then posted video with a 20-second clip of her scrolling on the shopping website. Did you encounter any technical issues? Peep the powerful clip above. School board member Michael Gaudet told WBRZ in a statement Monday that Bernard's actions showed "disinterest and apathy," and that he plans to submit a proposal requiring board members to take a race education course. Think about that. Watch him read Connie The Coward School Board member like a Bible after he caught her online shopping during the meeting below: I told Connie Bernard to her face she needed to resign from the East Baton Rouge School board. Democrat Katie Kennison was only 98 votes behind her with less than 5,700 votes. She said she knocked on the door and knows the owners of the home, whom she called close personal friends.. For more information, please see our The statue to the controversial Castleman has been vandalized often over the last ten years. Baton Rouge School Board Members Call for Resignation of Connie Bernard | TMZ - YouTube Baton Rouge School Board member Connie Bernard's lost the confidence of her colleagues after. We've received your submission. "At such a monumental and unprecedented time in our nation's history, it would behoove our members to be on the right side of history, and reignite racial harmony in our great community.". Vigil held for two Livingston Parish brothers who drowned Saturday, New scooters raising concerns around LSU's campus, 9-year-old and 6-year-old brothers drown in Livingston Parish neighborhood pond. In Baton Rogue, where more than 50% of residents are black, many people have criticized the name, saying it memorializes a man who owned hundreds of slaves. LSU cornerback Jarrick Bernard-Converse (24) reacts after a play in front of Alabama wide receiver Ja'Corey Brooks (7) during the second half of an NCAA college football game in Baton Rouge, La., Saturday, Nov. 5, 2022. In a June 10 interview with the station, she voiced support for keeping the name the same today. Along with sharing how the video came about, Kimberly also talked about the injustices Black people face beyond the headlines and her novel Im Not Dying with You Tonight." SORRY - unable to post video at the site- A MUST SEE one. On Monday, Chambers appeared on MSNBC's "Morning Joe.". The school changed its name from Robert E. Lee High School in 2016. See the Chambers full message in the video below. Bernard, who was not present in court, was initially cited the night of the party, Aug. 10, and pleaded not guilty Monday through her attorney. He was sharing his unfiltered and uncut opinions in support of changing the name of a high school named after Confederate general Robert E. Lee in the district after he caught her shopping online during the school board meeting. After winning first basketball title in LSU history, Kim Mulkey says it's SEC considering drastic new punishments to deter fans from storming the field, Offense-Defense ties 32-32 in LSU's Spring Game, For help accessing the WBRZ-TV Public File, contact: Joey Verrett at, Man taken to hospital after being stabbed by his adult son. She assumed office in 2010. Bernard submitted a statement to ABC affiliate station WBRZ in Baton Rouge on Friday regarding her comments on Lee. One board member said he has received thousands of emails in recent days calling for Bernard to resign. I stand with you, in love and respect.. Before the meeting began, the advocacy group "Stand for Children" announced it was calling for Bernard to step down. For everyone who is wondering this is the full video of Connie Bernard abusing a student in their home. I stand with you, in love and respect., Bernard also said that she agrees with New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees, The Advocate reported. [CDATA[ // &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;! Baton Rouge political action committee calls for resignation of school board member, Connie Bernard Bernard first came under fire two weeks ago when she was called out for online shopping. Activist Gary Chambers addresses the East Baton Rouge Parish School Board on June 18, 2020. Bernard, however, took issue with Chambers claim, telling The Advocate Friday that she was caught looking at a pop-up advertisement that neglected to close at the time, although several witness disputed that assertion, the outlet reports. She is white and middle aged. [CDATA[ // &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;! The #1 subreddit for all things relating to Baton Rouge, Louisiana! This is a picture of you shopping while were talking about racism and history in this country.. Chambers fiery commentary at an East Baton Rouge Parish school board hearing June 18 comes amid a renewed reckoning with systemic racism, White supremacy and police violence against Black people, spurred by the police killing of George Floyd. I promise to be part of the solution and to listen to the concerns of all members of our community. Gary Chambers Jr. and Kimberly Jones served up MASTERCLASSES on how to CHECK these racists. Sheriff's deputies issued her a misdemeanor. BATON ROUGE, La. Republican Connie Bernard brought in more than 5,800 votes. BATON ROUGE - For the second straight weekend, the LSU baseball team completed the sweep. Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. He's BEEN on her a** for comments she made in support of keeping the name of the high school. Her absence comes after a video surfaced of Bernard barging into a neighbor's house and going on a profanity-laced tirade, even grabbing a teenager. Baton Rouge School Board member Connie Bernard 's lost the confidence of her colleagues after she was called out for ignoring an intense discussion about race -- and that's A-OK with the. EBR School system is 81% Black. However, days before the hearing, board member Connie Bernard said she wanted to keep the name to honor the schools legacy. Lee personally owned enslaved people and he assumed command of 189 others after his father-in-law died in 1857, according to the American Civil War Museum. The school board, meanwhile, voted unanimously to come up with a new name for the 61-year-old high school. Brianna Chambers, Cox Media Group National Content Desk, Elected official accused of shopping online during school board meeting, Connie Bernard (Image via East Baton Rouge Parish School System), KIRO 7 News Seattle facebook feed(Opens a new window), KIRO 7 News Seattle twitter feed(Opens a new window), KIRO 7 News Seattle youtube feed(Opens a new window), agrees with New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees, recommended a few black historical figures, Multiple-vehicle collision completely blocks westbound I-90 near Issaquah, Seattle Kraken defeat Colorado Avalanche in Game 7 of Round 1 of Stanley Cup playoffs, Redfin says Seattle ranks 6th among metro areas being abandoned by homebuyers, Man accused of raping same woman he was convicted of assaulting 5 years ago, Washington State Patrol responds to 5-car wrong-way crash in Milton. Black or white. Continued in comments. Bikini Gawd Ashanti SIZZLES In Sexy PrettyLittleThing Shoot On The Beach, The Most Gorgeous Family Award Goes To Chanel Iman, Sterling Shepard & Baby Cali + Joie Chavis' New Maternity Shots, The (Gorgeous) New SI Swimsuit Edition Cover Model Made #BlackGirlMagic History And Michael B. Jordan DEF Noticed. Connie Bernard shopped while Black people discussed renaming Lee High. She also encouraged people to do more research into Lees history. History will judge us for what we do in this moment. Its time out for Black leaders who think they know better than the rest of us. I stand on that, he said. Last week, school board member Dadrius Lanus introduced a resolution to set up a committee to rename Lee High School, which was originally named after Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee. https://t.co/NGmejhJ27S, LeBron James (@KingJames) June 20, 2020. According to the local TV station WVLA/WGMB, Bernard voted at the time to keep the name honoring the Confederate general. 2. East Baton Rouge Parish school system is 80% Black and Bernard believes we should keep a school named after a man who fought to keep slavery. // <! her laptop screen showed a shopping website, Louisianas first Black governor, P.B.S. I would hope that they would learn a little bit more about General Lee, because General Lee inherited a large plantation and he was tasked with the job of doing something with those people who lived in bondage to that plantation, the slaves, and he freed them, she said, according to CNN affiliate WVLA/WGMB. I love US for real. Connie Bernard assaulting youthBelow are links pertaining to the video, and a recent school board meeting where she defended Robert E. Lee, and seen online shopping while people express their concerns. Every action requires a consequence!". CNN . Also let Connie know its time for her to resign. We got work to do. NAACP Baton Rouge leaders similarly said the schools renaming was long overdue. When we dont confront elected officials we give them permission to disrespect us and to devalue us. Moore, however, would not go so far as to describe what Bernard did as choking, though some who had seen the video did conclude that. 's Office + Lawyer Files Video Evidence Of Accuser Unhurt After Alleged Attack, Emancipation Producer Called Out For Bringing Slavery Photo Of Whipped Peter To Premiere + Will Smith, Jada, Tiffany Haddish, DaBaby & More Hit The Carpet, We're Still GAGGED Over The Oscars Red Carpet Fabulousness, 2021 AMAs Red Carpet: A Masked Cardi B, Baddie Chloe Bailey, Braided Beauty Marsai, Coi Leray & More, White House Correspondents Dinner 2023: Roy Wood Jr. Shuts Down Misogynistic Attacks On VP Kamala Harris + POTUS Biden Gives Brittney Griner A Shoutout, Halle Berry Goes HAM Turning Up At Drag Queen Brunch After Clapping Back At Misogynist Comments About Her Nude Photo, 2023 Oscars Afterparties: Megan Thee Stallion Makes A Comeback, Bold Fashion Statements & The Ultimate Date Night, SWORN IN: Wes Moore Inaugurated As Marylands First Black Governor, Oprah Delivers Touching Speech, POLITICAL CHAOS: Kevin McCarthy Loses 6th Speaker Vote, Hakeem Jeffries Elected Leader of House Democrats + GOP Alternative Byron Donalds Claps Back At Cori Bush, MUSIC MAYHEM: SZA Taps Doja Cat For 'Kill Bill (Remix)' + Ciara, Lola Brooke & Lady London Turn Up For Da Girls (Remix) + New Music From Shenseea & K. Michelle, Ice Spice Signs Partnership Under Nicki Minajs New Label Heavy On It + The Queen & Princess Of Rap Release Princess Diana (Remix) Music Video, MUSIC MAYHEM: Ciara Reps For Da Girls + Victoria Mont Wants All The Smoke + BIA Drops Timbaland-Produced Im That B**** + Saucy Santanas 1-800-Bad-Bxtch, Ime Udoka Breaks Silence About His Affair And New Head Coaching Gig With Houston Rockets + Giannis Antetokounmpos Perfect Response To A Lame Question, Lamar Jacksons 5-Year, $260M Contract Extension With The Ravens Makes Him The NFLs Highest-Paid Player, And He Did It Himself, The 2023 NBA Playoff Games Are More Drama Than Reality TV - Heres What Youre Missing, BADDIE ALERT! Chambers, who appeared on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Monday to discuss the video, attended an East Baton Rouge Parish School Board meeting on Thursday during a debate about whether Lee High. Gary also called out black leaders who don't make decisions in the best interest of black people: We dont elect people to vote their conscious. Today & Tonight: Clouds Friday PM Forecast: showers around as weekend begins. Change the named Lee High and resign Connie. Lee also punished escape attempts harshly. I need your memory to be long. Then she got on TV last week telling Black folks we needed to learn more of Lees history. You had every opportunity to apologize during the board meeting, but instead you chose to shop for dresses while members from our community, including parents and teachers, waited seven hours to speak on an item that concerns our students., Bernard released a statement on Friday, saying: My comments last week about the naming of Lee High School were insensitive, have caused pain for others, and have led people to believe I am an enemy of people of color, and I am deeply sorry. #KeepPushing share and send an email. Bernard has resisted scattered calls for her to resign from the School Board altogether. BATON ROUGE, La. Bernard, who did not respond to CNNs request for comment, told The Advocate on Friday that what people saw on her laptop was not her shopping, but rather a pop-up ad that she failed to close.

Breaking News Libby, Montana, Encore Bus Schedule Londonderry, Nh, Star Citizen Where To Find Quantanium, Calling A Tennis Ball Out Before It Lands, Articles C

connie bernard baton rouge video