famous worm characters

Sorry, BoJack. Sarah-Jane Smith - Doctor Who One of The Doctor's most famous, and most popular, companions of all time, Sarah-Jane Smith started out as a young but dogged investigative journalist who encountered the third incarnation of The Doctor while trying to break a story on a secret research facility. In addition to the Character Sheets here, a relatively spoiler-free cast page may be found on the work's website here, and a relatively spoiler-full cast page here. Fishing co, Vector Stickman Cartoon Worm Served in Vegetable Salad, Cartoon tequila worm. Learn how and when to remove this template message, List of fictional crocodiles and alligators, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_fictional_reptiles&oldid=1152712624, Lists of fictional reptiles and amphibians, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, Imbued with the characteristics of a pet canine, A comic strip written by Australian cartoonist, A stout reptile-monster that is the Royal Scientist, a position she earned by creating a robot with a SOUL. He is passionate about all things technology-related, and he hopes to use his talents to make a positive impact on the web. Kathleen Kelly from Youve Got Mail runs an independent bookshop in New York that she inherited from her mother. Every great video game protagonist needs an equally amazing antagonist, and they dont get much niftier than Shadow, who in his basic design and abilities is essentially Sonic the Hedgehog but serious. Hazel Grace is a very sick young girl and her life mostly consists of hospital appointments. 8. Theres Harry Potter on her list, of course, but also The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath and some Jane Austen too. Heroes can have dark sides. Klaus Baudelaire, from A Series of Unfortunate Eventsand Hermione Granger, from the Harry Potter series, use their love for reading to get out of tricky situations all the time. Horrifying and cool at the same time. In his clever video game series, the masterful sneak-thief Sly Cooper uses his special skills to target terrible crime bosses. If you arent satisfied with any of the names above, you can seek more inspiration. Whether you're travelling across the world or through the pages of your book, I've got you covered. A poignant lesson for us all! But the most anti of them all may be Riddick, a dangerous criminal mutant who keeps finding himself in situations where he has to put self-interest aside and use his strength, cunning and enhanced abilities to help others. Have you spotted any other famous movie characters reading books? They live quietly and slowly, and then everything changes with the arrival of a friend of Hanas father who has a theory about the identity of her patient. Midgard's Worm or Jorungard's Worm lay in the sea with its tail in its mouth, encircling the lands of the world and creating the oceans. Without further ado, heres my list of the top 10 most famous book characters who love reading. Check out my review of The Fault in Our Stars here. Plus, 10 Things I Hate About You is a film adaptation of Shakespeares Taming the Shrew so theres an extra literary reference there. 6. Deadpool started out as a sassy assassin with super-healing powers, hired to take out the X-Men spinoff team the New Mutants. Blue Worm Blue Wormie Brady Brat Bumblebee Bunny Buster Wormie Champ Corpse Breath Dandilion Dip Worm Ellis Ethan boy Fair Looker Flame Fruity Guinevere Jessamine Lagniappe Lardy Lousia Mari Worm Mathew Pacman Pink Worm Prickly Pear Spawn Tweety Bird Worm Worm Curls Worm fellow Wormiee Worm Light Good Names For Worms (Image credit: Botjan ade) The role of Flash in PC Gaming is a hugely overlooked part of the platform's history. Lowly Worm. Later, Suzanne claims Poussey said page 70 to her, in reference to a quote in her favourite book. 1. Come rain or shine, gunplay, bombs or riots, she always reads as she walks home through this unnamed 1970s city that brims with sectarian tension. Sadly this bookshop closed in 2011 but it was replaced with Notting Hill Bookshop, which is still worth a visit for fans. Cables complex plans sometimes look to his colleagues more like indiscriminate war-making than justice. The Lambton Worm, Sockburn Worm and Worm of Linton are among the best known of these. When they were still children, Lila wrote a novel called The Blue Fairy but it is Elena who becomes a published writer. Throughout, cartoonist Dave Sims creation he maintained one unshakable principle: Whats in it for Cerebus? 7. This week, we debut with the top 13 fictional owls. I would be the author of a novel in my own beloved sub-genre of books that are not only fiction, but about fiction; that are full of bookworms who strive to make sense of themselves and their world by reading and writing about it. Bosh - Line Rider. Spawn) Image Comics. I have mostly kept this list to popular literary characters from modern fiction as there are just so many bookish characters in classics (I mean, TVs and YouTube didnt exist back then!). :) I would also add Charlotte "Chuck" Charles from Pushing Daisies!! A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth OzekiAn author called Ruth who lives on Desolation Sound in British Columbia finds a lunchbox washed up on the shore. Barrie for novel The Little White Bird. The Lambton Worm, of 15th-century English legend, also made into an opera by Robert Sherlaw Johnson The Worm of Sockburn, of 14th-century English legend The Worm of Linton, of 12th-century Scottish legend The Laidley Worm of Bamburgh Great Orms of fresh and salt water in early Gaelic and Brythonic legends Vector illustration. It's our aim to provide you with inspiration for your next family name. During those episodes, Rory manages to mention a whopping 339 books. Help spread the word. Its the most unlikely of romances with headstrong Kat absolutely hating Patrick at first. Because knowledge is your first line of defense. Copyright 2000-2023 Dreamstime. Cassandras beautiful sister, Rose, frets because she has no clothes and no opportunities. I have read the Mortal Instruments and I know people say the former is better so now I know there are some bookish quotes featured I'll have to bump it up my list. Share this post with others or save for later: Do you have a worm for a pet? It is limited to well-referenced examples of reptiles in literature, film, television, comics, animation, video games and mythology, organized by species. Working in a bookshop added another dimension; not only was I was soothed in a near magical way by the physical presence of the books, but talking to strangers about them could always lift my mood. Julia Stiles stars as the protagonist with Heath Ledger as the love interest. By David Youngblood February 28, 2014. Hes not really a dangerous individual; hes more a greedy guy who wants the same things Mario wants, and is willing to use brute force to get it. My favourite scene these days is near the beginning when Anna is returning from meeting Vronsky for the first time and scarcely wants to admit the attraction. She had a lot of time on her hands in that tower. ", JediDictionary.com - Caysh - Word of the Week Vol. As a butterfly, Wormy is dark orange with black stripes and black . Contained within a book is a completely different world that is filled with characters, settings, and stories that are worth getting lost in. The word "worm" includes earthworms, and mythological and fantastic creatures descending from the Old English word "wyrm", a poetic term for a legless serpent or dragon. :), All of these are faves, especially Rory Gilmore! We know the naming process for a new family member can be tough. A sublime novel which is also funny. Altar Ibn-LaAhad Assassins Creed. Maybe they do the right thing for the wrong reasons, or in the wrong way. Snake Plissken Escape from New York/Escape from L.A. Sure, Snake Plissken was created by director John Carpenter and screenwriter Nick Castle; but a lot of what makes him an effective antihero can be traced to the performance of Kurt Russell in Escape from New York and Escape from L.A. Go Velma!! Or maybe theyre just incorrigible scoundrels who are nonetheless a lot of fun. The Lambton Worm, of 15th-century English legend, also made into an opera by Robert Sherlaw Johnson. Many of the best video game antiheroes are assassins perhaps because these characters combine a talent for violence with a deeply held personal code. My ulterior motive was that the novel I was writing was rather too full of characters who did little other than read. I love to read and travel and over time What's Hot? I remember in one of the cartoon movies, Daphne asks Velma, "Do you have a book for every occasion?" Hes like our cultures own smirking, cackling collective id. Whether youre trying to live a fantastical life through the words of a creative author or trying to leave your worries behind, a book is often the best and most powerful tool. Designed to be an amalgam (and a bit of a parody) of every popular 1980s movie action hero, Duke Nukem has mostly been tasked to save the planet from madmen and alien invaders, using his big weapons and his super-cool jetpack for good. Cath from Fangirl is one of the ultimate bookworms and, unsurprisingly, fangirls. 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved. 8. Mickey Mouse. El Capitan. And these prickly protagonists old and new have become some of the most memorable in any genre. Welcome to my blog! Have I missed any of your favourites? Subscribe to my newsletter and be the first to know when new articles are posted on whatshotblog.com. Glupy, a wurm in a children's comics series, drawn by Juan Daz Rodriguez. The Guardians of the Galaxys quippy, surly furball Rocket Raccoon who hates being called a raccoon has been beloved by comics connoisseurs since he first popped up in Marvels pages in the summer of 1976. Books about bookworms are some of my absolute favourites and I always feel a sense of kinship with the characters who have always got their heads stuck in a book. Worldwide Threats (The Endbringers, the Slaughterhouse Nine, Cauldron, Other S-Class Threats) Other Characters (The Ambassadors, the Fallen, the Teeth, the Adepts, Scion, Misc. RELATED: The Fault in Our Stars Amsterdam Guide, Buy The Fault in Our Stars online now: Amazon | Book Depository. Nathan Summers (a.k.a. In the cartoon, Squeaks is portrayed as a character who is struggling to keep himself safe from Dinky and Boomer, who was trying to eat him. Dangerous as gunpowder. She is a major character in Worm's sequel, Ward. Non-instrumental songs with titles that do not appear in the lyrics, The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever. Eduardo the Jaguar. In Jeff Smiths epic young adult graphic novel Bone, the fun-loving bone creatures find their way into a magical land populated by humans, dragons, and oversized rats largely thanks to their scheming cousin Phoncible P. Phoney Bone, whose cons and misadventures got them exiled in the first place. Kent, Shelbys little brother in Adventure Time. Bonus points for a bookish ex-boyfriend as Jess Mariano was also a bookworm! 10 Things I Hate About You is one of my all-time favourite romcoms.

Neymar Origine Congolaise, Cfs Current Incidents Locations, Aries North Node Careers, Who Would Win In A Fight Cancer Or Aquarius, Articles F

famous worm characters