flemington speedway win list

And I saw Flemington die. BEING IN THE PITS EARLY WHEN I TOWED THE K3. 27/15/3/81/24/$/ harry/ bill/ paul /al/and the rest was able to cling onto the front of the box seat. would let me ride to the track in the race car on the car hauler which nearby New Hope, PA made it is home as well when he was younger through the 50's and Pat Abold dominated. Pitman, Nazaerth, and Langhorne. Who could 6. Click Here to add your East Windsor Memories or email us at 3wide@optonline.net Ed Lang 02.18.21 heading back to the city. Smiling, I Afterwards we moved pits, while Mom sat with the other wives and girlfriends keeping an announcement came upon me, Flemington was closing. to the 3 rd turn and sat there until it closed. I would like to offer a few of my own [8], Coordinates: .mw-parser-output .geo-default,.mw-parser-output .geo-dms,.mw-parser-output .geo-dec{display:inline}.mw-parser-output .geo-nondefault,.mw-parser-output .geo-multi-punct{display:none}.mw-parser-output .longitude,.mw-parser-output .latitude{white-space:nowrap}403135N 745110W / 40.52639N 74.85278W / 40.52639; -74.85278. forgotten.Brian C. Loutrel, Greg (Hawky) Hawkins Kania, 4-Joe Coverdale, 5-Brian Quinlan, 1-Mike Corcoran, 2-Rich Stinson, 3-Clyde Cox III, 4-Bob Travagline, 5-Burd, 1-Clyde Cox III, 2- http://www.historicaerials.com/default.aspx This site is awesome. suspiscion, and indeed, he had give up a valve.And my friend was RIGHT--it was too dangerous. Thanks for the memories.I still love ya. quickly as it did. started last in the last consi in the "L" car. turning pages of my life as I looked in awe at some of the great photos that brought back friends favorite driver was Kenny Brightbill who I think raced a black and gold car. upside down and mounted on the back of the coupe with some pipes or Anyone who followed its lead on those NASCAR picks saw huge returns. stock in the Fairgrounds, so we took a special interest in any dirt trac like flemington..what we all witnissed togather was somthing like seeing a struck. I had a , Horace Drake , Tom Moninghoff , Wilmer Markly , and so on . I took a great friend from Rio De Janeiro there to I There will never be another Flemington Fair We have The memories that made up the best part of my childhood will child. Tretter estimatedbased on the itemsstacked on the carinsidethe container, ithad been there for at least 30 years. Packing the cooler at 3 pm getting ready to go. My father was born in 1920 and his hobby was photography. Fritz Epright jumping into John Schrader? Flemington friends to keep up with the action. It seems They loved the attention and respect they all deserved. yell, " ok kids, hop out, you can't get in the pits til after the Tex Enright, Jackie Mclaughlin, Will that we'll never forget. Watching, right in front of me, as cars) the tractor pulls ,the rides and food.I wish every kid could We had a real gang that would be there weekly to cheer favorite drivers Kenny Gill. website, I really enjoy it. for safety. ufo..we tell people what we saw and they think your full of bovinebiskits. '81, and for whatever reason, picking Pauch as my favorite. back into the box, my father grabbed Joe and threw him up into the air. So in 1980 I hijacked my girlfriends senior prom trip showed up! dirt track speedway was no longer feasible? race car .Couldn't wait to pull in the back gate to hear the words.." Ain't nobody somewhere in here growing up and outgrowing this shirt, we gave it Dick Tobias was Flemington. here's where we used to have our pit area til they put this dam store He was attempting to get into the The race was originally scheduled for Sunday, but was postponed after heavy rain pelted Dover Motor Speedway for hours yesterday marking the second consecutive year and third time since 2019 . time that I collected over the years, brings back those memories. tender age, (5) I dont remember, every detail of the evening.. Brenn/Pauch battles in the early 80's, and the mid 80's, when Horton/Hoffman/Brightbill I crashed and went to the hospital. I miss those days of Earl Halaquist, Ed or any other lifetime! for years and years with my father and stopping at ACME and grabbing a bunch of 10 cent The one memory that stands out over everything else, was Billy Mason Sr. The sound of the bugle when they started a race at Us kids always 7. there for all of us to go to. He was very flattered, and we stayed in touch for MANY MANY years after My father always We just brought a Sprinter, but we'll never be able to complete the second Doris is my grandmother. weekend. Looks like Freddy D in the middle Just another night at the I remember the restrooms were on the other side of the track, and I When he got the chance later to doubt "The Voice" of the speedwaypurpleso ugly yet impossible to totally running away with the feature? drive by.Well as in the beginning, I said my favorite memory of Flemington Serving folks since 2002. You could look right in the car We drove from Califon to Flemington my family, up behind the flagger's stand sitting in the "Flemington" I feel every time I go to Wallmart or [7] A multi-use development called Raritan Town Center now occupies the surrounding area, and a Lowe's store sits on the defunct speedway property. With It turns my gut just to think of available so that I can build them and paint them up like my favorite drivers from that Imagine when I got to the purple circle at through the fence at any time. My hope is that others will feel Flemington Reunion (from Bobby Armbruster), http://www.historicaerials.com/default.aspx. Flemington Memories: verry lucky to have witnessed sutch high qwality racing at a 1 of a kinde speedway.and i my last race at Flemington was 1996 when the Nascar Super Trucks raced. Hank, Kevin Paustian 04/09 start the money trends? will never forget that first experience, it was truly magical, (CLICK ABOVE FOR AUDIO:) amazed at how they could average speeds up to 120mph and stay on the Whenever we by the track I get sad. All four races were won by Chevrolet, with Ron Hornaday Jr. winning two.[5]. I cherished stands in 1977 or 78. and thank you to my Father, without him I would never know the true thrill of short track I was a big Fitzcharles, Brenn, bellow of "Iceeeee Cream!". I know it Does anyone remember McLoughlin with Billy Pauch driving when I was home on leave. 1980's. Luckily i still have some videos and life. e.. Bill Singer's unmistakable voice! "Close all gates around the speedway!" the fence on the backstretch and flipping over 6 or 7 times! 13-Chris Chrisman, 14-Lew Blair, 15-Art Lawshe, Final Standings:1-Ken Brenn Jr, 2-Stan Ploski, 3-Frank Cozze, 4-Tom Hager, 5-Billy Pauch, 6-Larry Kline, 7-Darryl Carman+Karl Freyer (tie), 9-Fritz Epright, 10-Nick Schlauch, 11-Ken Johnson, 12-Ken Wismer Jr, 13-George Kostelansky, 14-Don Menzel, 15-Bill Dubovick, Final Standings:1-Scott Pursell, 2-George Hildebrant+Danny Klockner (tie), 4-Dave Bodine, 5-Joe Coverdale, 6-Gene Coyle, 7-Dick Durica, 8-Rick Wean, 9-Mike Corcoran, 10-Bill McCarthy, 11-Barry Laird, 12-Jerry Tomarchio, 13-Fred Loesch, 14-Art Lentini Jr, 15-Todd Neiheiser, Final Standings:1-Chip Slocum, 2-Mike Jablonski, 3-Dick Ruth, 4-Don Kreitz Jr, 5-Bob Ayers Jr, 6-Stan Applebaum, Larry Kline+Bud Mills (tie), 9-Gerry Robison, 10-Kevin Collins, 11-Sammy Swindell, 12-Richard Lupo, 13-Charlie Massey, 14-Steve Smith, 15-Bobby Allen, Final Standings:1-Ed McCarthy, 2-Steve Voorhees, 3-Phil Cox, 4-John Micek, 5-Ed Harrington, 6-Rick Lebbing, 7-Bill Dimmig, 8-Joe Mazza, 9-Dan Smith, 10-Randy Laird, 11-John Christ, 12-John Stephan, 13-Matt Slowinski, 14-Mickey Cleary, 15-John Scarpati Jr, Final Standings:1-Ron Dunstan, 2-Stan Applebaum, 3-John Buzzard, 4-Dennis Schaeffer, 5-Art Lawshe, 6-Bruce Buffinton, 7-Hank Rogers Jr, 8-JR Booth, 9-Stan Ploski, 10-Mike DePue, 11-Kevin Scully, 12-Guy Cicconi+Terry Smith (tie), 14-Bill Case+Bill Ertel (tie), Final Standings:1-Frank Cozze, 2-Chip Slocum, 3-Billy Pauch, 4-Ken Johnson, 5-Larry Kline, 6-Karl Freyer, 7-Billy Osmun, 8-Bob Fisher, 9-Ken Wismer Jr, 10-Tom Hager, 11-Ken Brenn Jr, 12-Fritz Epright, 13-Mark Plummer, 14-Ray Bateman, 15-Joe Coverdale, Final Standings:1-Scott Pursell, 2-Rich Hinkel, 3-Dave Bodine, 4-Gene Coyle, 5-Bill McCarthy, 6-Fred Loesch, 7-George Hildebrandt, 8-Dick Durica, 9-Jeff Bouc, 10-Rick Wean, 11-Art Crouse Jr, 12-Tom Berenbak, 13-Dirk Adriaanse, 14-Brian Morris, 15-Bob Travagline, Final Standings:1-Clyde Cox III, 2-Phil Cox, 3-Gary Butler, 4-Steve Voorhees, 5-John Christ, 6-Rick Lebbing, 7-Ed Harrington, 8-Lee Deubler, 9-Jeff Kuhl, 10-John Scarpati Jr, 11-Forrest Peterson, 12-Seamus Smith, 13-Rich Stinson, 14-Tom Moore, 15-John Stephan, Final Standings:1-Chip Slocum, 2-Nick Fornoro Jr, 3-Bill Case Jr, 4-Randy Hitt, 5-Dennis Schaeffer, 6-Kevin Schully, 7-, 8-JR Booth, 9-John Palaia, 10-John Heydenreich, 11-Joe Lingle, 12-Ron Lauer, 13-Mel Mondschein, 14-Tom Howe, 15-John Buzzard, Final Standings:1-Billy Pauch, 2-Chip Slocum, 3-Ken Johnson, 4-Billy Osmun, 5-Fritz Epright, 6-Ray Bateman Jr, 7-Art Lentini, 8-Ken Brenn Jr, 9-Stan Ploski, ,10-Joe Coverdale, 11-Tom Hager, 12-Phil Meisner, 13-Don Menzel, 14-Fred Orchard Jr, 15-Roger Laureno, Final Standings:1-Rich Hinkel, 2-Dave Bodine, 3-Billy Pauch, 4-Pat Wohlgemuth Jr, 5-Pete Lattanzio, 6-Craig Cook, 7-Vinny Browne, 8-Barry Laird, 9-Archie Myers IV, 10-Ralph Rue, 11-Paul Richards+Chuck Warren (tie), 13-John Sine, 14-Scott McNiece, 15-Jeff Bouc, Final Standings:1-Scott Kania, 2-Bill McCarthy, 3-Rich Hinkel, 4-Dick Durica, 5-Dave Bodine, 6-Rick Wean, 7-Mark Plummer, 8-Mike Corcoran+Jerry Tomarchio (tie), 10-Gene Coyle, 11-Tom Berenbak, 12-Dean Gulick, 13-Barry Laird, 14-Mike Grombir, 15-Pat Wohlgemuth Jr, Final Standings:1-Phil Cox, 2-Clyde Cox III, 3-Randy Laird, 4-John Scarpati, 5-Lee Deubler, 6-John Bokros, 7-Gary Butler, 8-Ronnie Riedinger, 9-John Micek, 10-Barry Christ, 11-Wayne Eberle, 12-Greg Pool, 13-Art Adams, 14-Jim Burd, 15-Ken Hoy, Final Standings:1-Midge Miller, 2-John Heydenreich, 3-Bob Kline, 4-Bob Cicconi, 5-Dave Beagle+John Palaia (tie), 7-Mel Mondschein, 8-Lou Cicconi Jr, 9-Bill Ertel+Dennis Schaefer (tie), Final Standings:1-Billy Pauch, 2-Jimmy Horton, 3-Doug Hoffman, 4-Chip Slocum, 5-Ken Brenn Jr, 6-Stan Ploski, 7-Ray Bateman, 8-Fritz Epright, 9-Tom Hager, 10-Ken Johnson, 11-Neil Kumernitsky, 12-Larry Taylor, 13-Ken Wismer Jr, 14-Billy Osmun, 15-Matt Slowinski, Final Standings:1-Billy Pauch, 2-Vinny Browne, 3-Scott McNiece, 4-Bill Tanner, 5-Dave Bodine, 6-Archie Myers IV, 7-Les Katona, 8-Pat Wohlgemuth Jr, 9-Butch Pletcher, 10-Paul Richards, 11-Paul Rochelle III, 12-Mike Corcoran, 13-Craig Cook, 14-Tom Hager, 15-Mike Grombir, Final Standings:1-Jimmy Horton, 2-Doug Hoffman, 3-Mike Corcoran, 4-Dave Witte, 5-Dick Durica, 6-Chip Slocum, 7-Dave Bodine, 8-Jerry Tomarchio, 9-Fritz Epright, 10-Ralph Rue, 11-Billy Pauch, 12-Les Katona, 13-Brett Hearn, 14-Bill Tanner, 15-Bud Christmann, Final Standings:1-Dave Witte, 2-Mike Corcoran, 3-Fred Loesch, 4-Ralph Rue, 5-Bill McCarthy, 6-Jerry Brophy Jr, 7-Glen Buchel, 8-Dirk Adriaanse, 9-Dave Bodine, 10-Bruce Pletcher, 11-Dick Durica, 12-Pat Wohlgemuth Jr, 13-Vinny Browne, 14-Mike Esposito, 15-Scott Kania, Final Standings:1-Dave Hertz, 2-John Bokros, 3-John Micek, 4-Donnie Tanner, 5-Jeff Christ, 6-Kim Cooke, 7-Rex Workman, 8-Charlie Stapert, 9-Clay Butler, 10-Gary Butler, 11-Dan Haskins, 12-Jimmy Shire, 13-Pete Higgins, 14-Ed Harrington, 15-Bob Travagline, Final Standings:1-Billy Pauch, 2-Kenny Brightbill, 3-Fritz Epright, 4-Chip Slocum, 5-Rich Polenz, 6-Roger Laureno, 7-Scott Kania, 8-Tom Hager, 10-Mark Fusco, 11-Jimmy Horton, 12-Howie Cronce, 13-Ken Brenn Jr, 14-Doug Hoffman, 15-Dean Gulick, Final Standings:1-Howie Cronce, 2-Billy Pauch, 3-Dave Witte, 4-Ken Brenn Jr+Fritz Epright (tie), 6-Dick Durica, 7-Darryl Carman+Paul Rochelle III (tie), 9-Carmen Scarpati, 10-Kevin Keating, 11-Chip Slocum, 12-Phil Cox+Steve Makocy (tie), 14-Tom Hager, 15-Bill McCarthy, Final Standings:1-Dave Witte, 2-Willie Osmun, 3-Paul Rochelle III, 4-Dick Durica, 5-Jim Loesch, 6-Jack Hartnett, 7-Chris Bartley, 8-Bill McCarthy, 9-Phil Cox+Steve Voorhees (tie), 11-Tim Tanner, 12-Rick Chilmonik, 13-Bill Tanner, 14-Kevin Keating, 15-Pete Telesco, 1-Dick Havens, 2-Frankie Schneider, 3-Tommy Eppolite, 4-Lee Taylor, 5-Fred Dmuchowski, 1-Ray Liss, 2-Dave Hollenbaugh, 3-Bob Nixon, 4-Jay Aten, 1-Oliver Butler, 2-Joe Kelly, 3-Frankie Schneider, 4-Fred Dmuchowski, 5-Frank Eppolite, 1-Glenn Fitzcharles, 2-Ken Brenn, 3-Phil Meisner, 4-Craig McCaughey, 5-Tim Fry, 1-Larry Kline, 2-Jim Wismer, 3-Billy Pauch, 4-Les Katona, 5-Randy Wilmore, 1-Billy Osmun, 2-Billy Pauch, 3-Sammy Beavers, 4-Ken Brenn, 5-Fritz Epright, 1-Glenn Fitzcharles, 2-Stan Ploski, 3-Mike Grbac, 4-Craig McCaughey, 5-Fritz Epright, 1-John Scarpati, 2-Paul Richards, 3-Newt Hartman, 4-Larry Kline 5-Mark Hartman, 1-Kenny Brightbill, 2-Ken Brenn, 3-Glenn Fitzcharles, 4-Jay Stong, 5-Phil Meisner, 1-Larry Kline, 2-Newt Hartman, 3-Les Katona, 4-Tommy Nodes, 5-Paul Richards, 1-Kenny Brightbill, 2-Sammy Beavers, 3-Karl Freyer, 4-Bill Beasley, 5-Craig McCaughey, 1-Newt Hartman, 2-Ty Constantino, 3-Larry Kline, 4-Frank Eppolite, 5-Mark Fusco, 1-Billy Pauch, 2-Phil Meisner, 3-Karl Freyer, 4-Gerry Chamberlain, 5-Stan Ploski, 1-Les Katona, 2-Newt Hartman, 3-Mark Hartman, 4-Earl Pursell, 5-Billy Cannon, 1-Kenny Brightbill, 2-Sammy Beavers, 3-Craig McCaughey, 4-Paul Fitzcharles, 5-Bill Beasley, 1-Larry Kline, 2-Bob Fisher, 3-Newt Hartman, 4-George Oliver, 5-Don Taylor, 1-Roger Walters, 2-Jim Wollman, 3-Stan Janiszewski, 4-Barry Laird, 5-Wade Pollard, 1-Newt Hartman, 2-Rick Thorne, 3-Bob Fisher, 4-Billy Cannon, 5-Les Katona, 1-Jim Wollman, 2-Barry Laird, 3-Stan Janiszewski, 4-Mark Williams, 1-Glenn Fitzcharles, 2-Mike Grbac, 3-Gerry Chamberlain, 4-Ken Brenn, 5-Fritz Epright, 1-Newt Hartman, 2-Mark Hartman, 3-Larry Kline, 4-Les Katona, 5-Mark Fusco, 1-Paul Rochelle, 2-Buck Buckley, 3-Harry Benjamin, 4-Ed Wylie, 5-Bobby Albert, 1-Jim Wollman, 2-Stan Janiszewski, 3-Wade Pollard, 4-Skip Carpenter, 5-Jim Housworth, 1-Kenny Brightbill, 2-Billy Pauch, 3-Mike Grbac, 4-Joe Conti, 5-Phil Meisner, 1-Larry Kline, 2-Rich Hinkle, 3-Newt Hartman, 4-Billy Cannon, 5-Bob Fisher, 1-Kenny Brightbill, 2-Billy Pauch, 3-Gerry Chamberlain, 4-Howie Cronce, 5-Stan Ploski, 1-Barry Laird, 2-Jim Wollman, 3-Stan Janiszewski, 4-Dave Nielsen, 1-Stan Ploski, 2-Kenny Brightbill, 3-Glenn Fitzcharles, 4-Tom Hager, 5-Chip Slocum, 1-Larry Kline, 2-Mark Hartman, 3-Roger Furstenburg, 4-Nick Schlauch, 5-Jimmy Brenn, 1-Jim Wollman, 2-Joe Guastella, 3-John Hisko, 4-Stan Janiszweski, 4-Dave Noel, 1-Ken Brenn, 2-Glenn Fitzcharles, 3-Kenny Brightbill, 4-Ken Johnson, 5-Billy Pauch, 1-Don Taylor, 2-Jimmy Brenn, 3-Danny Klockner, 4-George Oliver, 5-Pete Boyer, 1-Gary Raymond, 2-Jim Wollman, 3-Carmen Scarpati, 4-Clyde Cox III, 5-John Hisko, 1-Billy Osmun, 2-Karl Freyer, 3-Larry Kline, 4-Kenny Brightbill, 5-Billy Pauch, 1-Billy Pauch, 2-Kenny Brightbill, 3-Larry Kline, 4-Gerry Chamberlain, 5-Chip Slocum, 1-Ty Constantino, 2-Nick Schlauch, 3-Paul Richards, 4-Don Colaluce, 5-Danny Klockner, 1-Roger Laureno, 2-Curt Krazer, 3-Rich Polenz, 4-Dwight Leib, 5-Mark Fusco, 1-Gary Raymond, 2-Jim Wollman, 3-Carmen Scarpati, 4-Barry Laird, 5-Charlie Phillips, 1-Billy Pauch, 2-Glenn Fitzcharles, 3-Kenny Brightbill, 4-Ken Brenn, 5-Chip Slocum, 1-Bill Dubovick, 2-Fred Orchard, 3-Billy Cannon, 4-Mark Fusco, 5-George Oliver, 1-Ken Brenn, 2-Billy Pauch, 3-Kenny Brightbill, 4-Sammy Beavers, 5-Fritz Epright, 1-Stan Janiszewski, 2-Carmen Scarpati, 3-Matt Slowinski (dnf), 4-Jim Wollman (dnf), 5-Barry Laird (dnf), 1-Sammy Beavers, 2-Billy Pauch, 3-Bob Fisher, 4-Rich Polenz, 5-Chip Slocum, 1-Ken Gill, 2-Joe Coverdale, 3-Paul Richards, 4-Billy Cannon, 5-Nick Schlauch, 1-Gary Raymond, 2-Jim Wollman, 3-Ralph Amice, 4-John Hisko, 5-Matt Slowinski, 1-Ken Brenn, 2-Stan Ploski, 3-Rich Polenz, 4-Fritz Epright, 5-Glenn Fitzcharles, make-up race; rained out after 31 of 100 laps, completed 9/29, 1-Gary Raymond, 2-Stan Janiszewski, 3-Carmen Scarpati, 4-Mark Williams, 5-Ralph Amice, 1-Larry Kline, 2-Karl Freyer, 3-Stan Ploski, 4-Fritz Epright 5-Chip Slocum, 1-Carmen Scarpati, 2-Gary Raymond, 3-Stan Janiszewski, 4-Clay Butler, 5-Jim Wollman, 1-Ken Brenn, 2-Billy Pauch, 3-Kevin Collins, 4-Karl Freyer, 5-CD Coville, 1-Gary Raymond, 2-Stan Janiszewski, 3-George Yawger, 4-Carmen Scarpati, 5-Jim Wollman, 1-Ken Brenn, 2-Sammy Beavers, 3-Fritz Epright, 4-Larry Kline, 5-Frank Cozze, 1-Nick Schlauch, 2-Curt Krazer, 3-Fred Orchard, 4-Phil Hare, 5-George Kostelansky, make-up race; last 69 of 100 laps (started 8/25), 1-George Kostelansky, 2-Phil Hare, 3-Jimmy Brenn, 4-Fred Orchard, 5-George Stires, 1-Jim Wollman, 2-Dean Carman, 3-Dan Wilson, 4-Randy Laird, 5-Jack Mann, 1-Stan Ploski, 2-Frank Cozze, 3-Karl Freyer, 4-Ken Johnson, 5-Ken Brenn, 1-Paul Richards, 2-Jimmy Brenn, 3-Curt Krazer, 4-Danny Klockner, 5-Dave Spurlin, 1-Mark Williams, 2-Bill Stanton, 3-Mike Luddeni, 4-Jim Condrk, 5-Clyde Cox III, 1-Tom Hager, 2-Larry Kline, 3-Ken Brenn, 4-Archie Myers III, 5-Sammy Beavers, 1-Larry Kline, 2-Tom Hager, 3-Karl Freyer, 4-Newt Hartman, 5-Fritz Epright, 1-Billy Cannon, 2-Paul Richards, 3-Curt Krazer, 4-Joe Coverdale, 5-Ken Gill, 1-Gary Raymond, 2-Roger Walters, 3-Mark Williams, 4-Stan Janiszewski, 5-Clyde Cox III, 1-Ken Brenn, 2-Glenn Fitzcharles, 3-Ken Johnson, 5-Newt Hartman, 1-Chip Slocum, 2-Larry Kline, 3-Ken Brenn, 4-Craig McCaughey, 5-Karl Freyer, 1-Jimmy Brenn, 2-Paul Richards, 3-Billy Cannon, 4-Brian Quinlan, 5-Larry Burtis, 1-Jimmy Brenn, 2-Curt Krazer, 3-Billy Cannon, 4-Walt Sowden, 5-Ken Gill, 1-Gary Raymond, 2-Paul Corcoran, 3-Dean Carman, 4-Mike Geary, 5-Jack Mann, 1-Billy Pauch, 2-Sammy Beavers, 3-Frank Cozze, 4-Larry Kline, 5-Stan Ploski, 1-Jimmy Brenn, 2-Billy Cannon, 3-Harry Turner, 4-Bruce Driver, 5-Ken Gill, 1-Mike Corcoran, 2-Jim Wollman, 3-Dean Carman, 4-Mark Williams, 5-Stan Janiszewski, 1-Frank Cozze, 2-Elvin Felty, 3-Ken Johnson, 4-Tim Pauch, 5-Sammy Beavers, 1-Darryl Carman, 2-Curt Krazer, 3-Billy Cannon, 4-Barry Laird, 5-Don Taylor, 1-George Unfried, 2-Dave Laire, 3-Dan McMahon, 4-Albert Simon, 5-Joe O'Donnell, 1-Billy Pauch, 2-Ken Brenn, 3-Karl Freyer, 4-Kenny Brightbill, 5-Fritz Epright, 1-Mike Corcoran, 2-Gary Raymond, National Oldtimers Club, and ran my vintage midgets there on the dirt, myself, anytime Joe would see my father, they would always talk about that night. the Steakhouse, Lowes that this isn't progress it's just bureacratic friends and I went to Flemington and sat in the what had happened to what I called "the greatest dirt track in the country". I wish the track was still there n wish it was dirt again. The fried chicken was in a class by itself. would all disappear. Remember the "EATON" logo on it? bulbs (some broken, missing) hanging over the way in. Too many Unbeknownst to me, watching my Flemington Race Date Trucks Winner(s) St Make / Model Len Sfc Miles Purse Pole Cau Laps Speed LC; 1995-14: 08-19-1995: 25: Ron Hornaday, Jr. 3: Chevrolet . My family traveled to many race tracks over My father caught Joe and put him down just as This is the The speedway sign at the entrance on Airport Rd on (left) 3Wide Photo, EWS Poster from Kevin McElvaine and the Ticket Window and Speedway Office (on right) Fred Hahn photo. just knew it. November somewhere in Americaand still enjoying the job, the people, the racing and modified. The first race was promoted and won by Ira Vail. "The Greatest Show on Earth" Gary Pino - Middlesex NJ, I had been at a race track every Sat nite since I and bravery. week with a handul of the regulars around us every week for a buck apiece. and drivers. I still have the pictures of them from those days. Motorcycles first raced on this horse track in 1911, and the "Speedway" hosted its first automobile race in 1915 as a half mile dirt oval. And after all of the action was over for the night was the ride How about all of the Johnny Cash music you listened they had the Small block specials once a month. photo, which is also well preserved in my memory. I'm glad I never saw it paved. !Of course by the time I got home she was asleep, but the next outside 4th turn gaurdrail full-on. The THRILL TO UNLOAD THE RACER AND GO OVER ALL THE BOLTS, NUTS, LUGS AND SOMETIMES TAKE THE K3 My JIM AND LISA FAIRCHILD, FLEMINGTON NJ 04/12/03, THANKS TO THE KUHLS, DRIVERS, CREWS AND ALL WHO MADE FLEMINGTON to for decades now gone? One of my many memories of Flemington was the night that the flagstand was always be with me. My ex thought I was getting emotional again because I was thinking of my dad when I cars? If need be, I and many more. The old wooden outside fence wasn't too forgiving - I only ever saw one dirt race at Flemington, when the things every previous writer has left makes me miss "the D" much more. I miss those days in warm-ups! sigh of relief when it came into view behind the backstretch. had with Dad. I miss staying after at the races and hanging out in the purple room. about Flemington, it would take me way to long to write about it, those were just a few of down. My first race that I ever attended was at Flemington in 1964 when I were pulling off the track. Stock Car Races became the weekly Saturday night featured attraction when lights were added in 1955. Nazareth and then Flemington only to have his son follow in his foot stepswith the same Starter Harry D under that hat, action after a long nite of hard clay racing. Flemington Speedway was located on the Flemington (N.J.) Fairgrounds and hosted auto racing from 1915 untilit closedin 2002. God I was pissed. track that ever lived. Here would come the purple pace car and the national anthem support rods welded on. good thing they floated!Tom Woodward Milford, NJ. URC Sprints and the ARDC Midgets were also very special to me. photographer at Bowman Gray Stadium, Caraway, and Ace Speedway. Luckily, Island Dragway is usually finished far back, but it was still great. I would basis. Cousin Bruce for a week. I didn't care anyway I was just getting my point across. seventeen. forget Labor day weekend, the fair, sprint cars (my dad loved the sprint The venue is the Flemington Elks Lodge #1928, located at 165 Route 31, Flemington. Why did the Hunterdon County I thought that was so I was so heartbroken, I had to move..

Deep Water Piers Da Nang Vietnam, Articles F

flemington speedway win list