thou shalt not kill did valeria kill her father

I think it is because the mother is so passive and calm that you can't imagine she was ever fired up enough to kill someone, and the switching around just interrupts the flow of the crime investigation. Stubborn and determined detective Valeria Ferro endeavors to solve the challenging puzzles behind crimes motivated by jealousy, vendettas, and repressed anger to seek the truth and justice. Are you a Sanditon Superfan? Thou Shalt Not Kill Season 4 2020 TV-MA After her mothers death and her sisters accident, Valeria halts her investigation into her family and focuses on herself and her work. It's well plotted, with a young-ish female detective at its centre who is stubborn but talented, quietly-spoken but unyielding to anyone. My wife and I watched all 4 seasons (48 episodes) and we both thoroughly enjoyed the series which is usual as we often don't like the same shows. I did appreciate that they didn't capitalize on her beauty. 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Becoming Miss Italia.After trading in her punk wardrobe for a more polished look, Leone secured the title of Miss Italia in 2008 following in the footsteps of fellow beauty-queens-turned-actresses Gina Lollobrigida (1947) and Sophia Loren (1950). 4) While there is an ongoing subplot, it doesn't distract from the various investigations. Awards Episode #1.4: Directed by Giuseppe Gagliardi. A video of the night in question ends up online and Valeria starts putting the pieces of the puzzle together. What could the motive be for murdering an innocent teenage girl? Add Image S1, Ep4 2 Oct. 2015 Episode #1.4 7.1 (50) Rate Mantovani family secrets start to unravel during the murder investigation. Thou Shalt Not Kill Season 1 7.2 2015 X-Ray TV-MA Stubborn and determined detective Valeria Ferro endeavors to solve the challenging puzzle behind crimes motivated by jealousy, vendettas and repressed anger to seek the truth and justice. Get all the latest from Sanditon on GBH Passport, How one Brookline studio helps artists with disabilities thrive. After her mothers death and her sisters accident, Valeria halts her investigation into her family and focuses on herself and her work. WTTW Detective Valeria Ferro seeks to solve the puzzles behind crimes motivated by jealousy. Everybody Dance. Who did? After a particularly tense altercation, Lucia understands that her family will never be able to forgive her and that perhaps it would be best for her to disappear. From Walter Presents, in Italian with English subtitles. Valeria tries to prove Ariana's innocence and learns her mother never killed her father. Walters pbs intro makes an offhand reference to the Montalbano series which he says non uccidere is superior to and from a certain perspective, this is true. subplot of Valeria's mother gets really tiresome after awhile, too. (Miriam herself is alienated from her mother, who was just released from prison, and her own family, who want to help mother get on with her life. Miriam Leone is outstanding as the inspector in charge with a brilliant mind. Not as good as Vera or a host of other police dramas but worth watching. Valeria's mother is released from jail after 17 years but Valeria does not forgive her, but her brother does, and he and his wife take the Mother in to live with them. I'd recommend watching it, but it might have been even better if its makers had had just a little more sense of urgency as they put it together. 1. Stubborn and determined detective Valeria Ferro endeavors to solve the challenging puzzles behind crimes motivated by jealousy, vendettas, and repressed anger to seek the truth and justice. A woman is strangled outside a woman's shelter. When I'm not creating content for viewers like you, I'm writing and directing indie genre films. Big screen vs. small screen.Leone has stated that she prefers cinema to television, a fact that can be seen by her last few turns on camera, including the film LAmore a Domicillo, The Invisible Witness, and the short A Cup of Coffee with Marilyn. My wife and I have been watching this show with the PBS app. Graziano Torri calls the police about his missing, pregnant wife. [9][5], "Non uccidere 2, la seconda stagione dal 12 giugno su Raidue (ma dal 1 su Rai Play)", "Euro TV to Watch: Dark, Riveting Italian Crime Drama "Thou Shalt Not Kill", "Thou Shalt Not Kill: Moody Italian Mystery Series Has US Broadcast Debut on PBS Stations", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Thou_Shalt_Not_Kill_(TV_series)&oldid=1148857118, This page was last edited on 8 April 2023, at 18:49. The acting and story lines are compelling. It is normally me who gets so involved with a tv show. Thou Shalt Not Kill is an Italian detective drama series set in Turin. But this seems to be created by kids with innocent and naive mind of pre-teens. Valeria asks her mother to return home. With Miriam Leone, Matteo Martari, Thomas Trabacchi, Luca Terracciano. That said, the show didn't have one episode in what I believe was season 3 where there wasn't either steamy or violent sex. Together, we can create a more connected and informed world. It is therefore a mystery how she is so duped by, yet enamored with, her pig-headed boss. There are few moments of light relief here, or even action sequences, and it can seem slow - but I liked the fact that its heroine is neither a classical female sterotype nor an extreme opposite. 2023 PUBLIC MEDIA NJ, INC. All Rights Reserved. International. Sono felice quando sono qui, ed oggi un po' di pi. If you can imagine this series as a comic book or graphic novel you'll get the best idea of the plot lines and development. In front of a portrait of Lolita, I wondered what the actress was like today [and] I said to myself: neither will you stay like this forever.. 3. [2][3] This series aired on American PBS stations in fall 2019, and again in 2021.[4][5]. Hating the clothing item, she ripped it to shreds and flushed it down the toilet, flooding the floor of the school bathroom. "Ach. Episode 2. I'm no genius but there were several episodes I'd figured out within the first 20 minutes or so, then had to sit through for the next 100 minutes for it to all play out. While Andrea struggles to hide his investigation from Valeria, a high-profile case has begun, following the death of an infamous entrepreneur. On a dreary, rainy day, Graziano Torri calls the police; his wife, Alessandra, who has just told him that she is pregnant, is missing. There is virtually no levity here and there are many touching scenes. A post-industrial city with a sizable influx of immigrants, Turin has a population of more than 2 million people in its greater metropolitan area. He only gave me books, [and] to please him I learned to read when I was four," Leone has said. Still troubled by the mystery surrounding the death of her father, Valeria is forced to question herself deeply. The dead body of 15-year-old Sara Damiani is found in a flooded basement. The series is set and shot in Turin.If you were hoping for a romantic backdrop of Roman ruins, you're in the wrong place: Thou Shalt Not Kill is set and filmed in Turin, the capital city of Piedmont in northern Italy. Giuseppe tells the truth about Mario's death. 53min. You must have JavaScript enabled to use this form. Arianna Lancise finds her daughter dead in the car. 7. Valeria is a stubborn detective who seems to have a gift for understanding the perpetrators of the crimes she investigates. In addition to trying to discover who murdered Stefania, Valeria also must figure out where her mother is. As well as these murders there is an ongoing storyline regarding Valeria's mother. The subtitles come fast but are easy to read! I hope they have another season just to redeem season 4. She often heads out to investigate a lead or a hunch without telling any of her colleagues what she is doing or where she is going. 825 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10019, WNET is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. These girls are all strong-willed, but messed up in one way or another. Valeria tries to prove Ariana's innocence and learns her mother never killed her father. Third parties use cookies for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. 68%. The story takes on the professional and the personal.While some of the dramas we've seen over the years focus on just the facts, ma'am, Thou Shalt Not Kill is definitely not one of them. Police blame Arianna. The Mantovani family secrets begin to unravel as Valeria continues the investigation. After deciding to remain in Turin, Valeria returns to the crime scene of her father's murder and discovers a piece of evidence that has been overlooked in the past: that night, in the house on the lake, in addition to her mother and father, a third person was present. And speaking of whichLeone is taking on the iconic role of Eva Kant in the upcoming remake of Mario Bavas classic film, Diabolik. An eerily haunting thriller, Thou Shalt Not Kill (Non Uccidere) is the latest in a slew of amazing drama selections from Walter's Choice. 3. Sign up now. | While there are certain flaws, this series got me hooked. The current was stronger than she expected, and she was almost swept out to sea, were it not for an outcropping of rock she managed to clutch to until it calmed. After deciding to remain in Turin, Valeria returns to the crime scene of her father's murder and discovers a piece of evidence that has been overlooked in the past: that night, in the house on the lake, in addition to her mother and father, a third person was present. Birthing Justice. Are you a Sanditon Superfan? Chief Inspector Valeria Ferro leads the investigation into the death of Sara Damiani. It didn't advance the plot lines. 2. Still troubled by the mystery surrounding the death of her father, Valeria is forced to question herself deeply. Detective Valeria Ferro investigates crimes motivated by jealousy, vendettas and repressed anger to seek the truth and justice. Overall I really liked this crime series, having watched many others from the UK, Sweden, and France. The body of a woman is found and Valeria discovers she had worked at the nearby monastery. A simple startWhile Leone lives in Rome currently, she still holds a deep love for her home town of Catania an ancient port town in Sicily. She struggles with her own demons from her past that come back to life when her mother is released from jail after seventeen years.From Walter Presents, in Italian with English subtitles. And while she might be a genius at her sleuthing career, Valeria is anything but in her personal life. That "what's my secret?" could her own past prove to be the most challenging and traumatic case valeria will ever have to solve? Super incredible lead actress and the supporting actors are quality personified. Some of the characters are endearing, but there seems to be an awful lot of people hitting each other (with no consequences.) Granted I have only watched 4 episodes (with two murders resolved), but won't continue. The lead character Valeria, an inspector in the Turin police, frequently behaves in an extremely unprofessional manner. Her father, Giancarlo, receives the news while at a television studio where he is about to broadcast a national plea for help regarding his daughter's disappearance. 5. Valeria continues to investigate into the sentimental ecosystems struck by the trauma of crime all while trying to piece together the mystery surrounding the death of her father. FAQ What language is being spoken in this TV series "Thou Shall Not Kill". 5) While I would have liked to see the last season of the series end a little differently. After the flood, God gave definite instruction to Noah regarding the sanctity of human life. This can be true of the original cast members also. This video is currently unavailable. Incredible script, acting, photography, story lines!!! Become a member of NJ PBS ($5 monthly or $60 annually) and get access to NJ PBS Passport as our thanks for your support. Thou Shalt Not Kill | Episode Episode 12 While Valeria attempts to prove the Ariana's innocence, Monica confesses that Lucia, has always been innocent as well - she wasn't the one who. [6] In the U.S. and U.K, the series is shown on Walter Presents. Could the two cases be intertwined? It is my impression that directors and writers leave series after the first or second season. The series has a noir quality to it, as well as having great plots, unique storylines and awesome actors. The main character needs to be drawn out more, driven and severe can only last for so long. At the same time, Valeria's mother disappears. When she found out that there were infact 36 episode's, spread over 2 season's, she was very happy indeed. Walters pbs intro makes an offhand reference to the Montalbano series which he says non uccidere is superior to and from a certain perspective, this is true. So intelligent and captivating. The investigation into Sarah Daminai's death continues, was it an accident or murder? Sign in to rate and Watchlist for personalized recommendations. The Casting Director only prefers thin attractive Italian actresses around 30, with shoulder-length brown har, angular figures, and a height of 5' 8" or better. TV-MA. 4. This series produced by RAI just does not make the grade. to watch in your location. The killing of Guglielmo Mantovani appears to be the tragic consequence of a home robbery. But even then she sought to continue honing her acting chops through work as a radio announcer. This certainly helps flesh out the characters somewhat, but when the scene switches to the aggrieved family, there are 2 (3? Non vorrei essere nata e cresciuta da nessun'altra parte. Listen Live: Classic and Contemporary Celtic, Listen Live: Cape, Coast and Islands NPR Station, Basic Black: Castle of Our Skins celebrates Black artistry through chamber music, 'Tom Jones' episode 1 recap: poor boy meets rich girl, 'Call The Midwife' season 12 episode 7 recap: losing & finding home, Worcester school counselor Sean Magwire is a finalist in the John Lennon Songwriting Contest, Composer Kenji Bunch is telling Japanese-American stories from WWII through music. Miriam Leone won Miss Italia in 2008, and went on to have a vibrant career in Italian film and TV, including a starring role in the aptly-named 1992, 1993, and 1994, a series that digs into the politics of Italy in the 1990s. Get all the latest from Sanditon on GBH Passport, How one Brookline studio helps artists with disabilities thrive. Well-acted series, terrific storylines, but one problem: There are better detective shows available, Badly produced series with poor acting and confusing story lines, Compelling but at times preposterous crime drama, 4 seasons available through PBS Masterpiece on Amazon, Interesting story lines but unrealistic police procedures, Some good writing, and some ridiculous content. Episode 12 - While Valeria attempts to prove the Ariana's innocence, Monica confesses that Lucia, has always been innocent as well - she wasn't the one who killed her husband and Valeria's father, Mario. Cerebral crime stories are not what I would have considered an Italian specialty, and that is why 'Non uccidere' created by Claudio Corbucci is quite a surprise for me, and a good one, I should say. "thou shalt not kill" is a smart and addictive piece of television that deliberately challenges the sun, sea, and sicily stereotypes of most italian crime shows . The directing and continuity in this series could use some work, too. 'Non Uccidere' is a rather solemn Italian detective series, set in a Turin that always feels cold, a drama that feels closer in style and substance to a Scandi-noir than to 'Inspector Montalbano'. Her father, Giancarlo, receives the news while at a television studio where he is about to broadcast a national plea for help regarding his daughter's disappearance. Support GBH. Part of the pleasure is the pacing, which is somewhat relaxed but for me adds to it. So there you go; five quick facts to pique your interest in this exciting new series. Valeria goes to live with Giorgio Lombardi, her boss and boyfriend. She thinks back to 1998 and realizes she may have seen the abductor before. External Reviews Stream GBH's Award-Winning Content For Parents And Children. The final episode was a bit of a disappointment to us both and we wondered what the writers and producers were thinking with a series wrap like that. Another death occurs. We couldn't do it without you. However, Lombardi and Andrea have other ideas. Story nr 4 of "Anna-sequel". From Walter Presents, in Italian with English subtitles. Valeria Ferro investigates murders with the help of her colleagues in the police department whilst also unravelling her familys past. Thou Shalt Not Kill is an Italian detective drama series set in Turin. Arianna Lancise finds her 4-year-old daughter dead in the car, where she had left her for just several minutes. What another great international show from Walter Presents. Yep cookie cutter stuff. Valeria herself can get tiresome with her inability to ever relax or smile, and her refusal to take more realistic caution (such as having her partner with her to investigate someone dangerous in remote locations- really?) I'm not sure) females who are a ringer for the the cop! Arianna Lancise finds her 4-year-old daughter dead in the car, where she had left her for just several minutes. Thou Shalt Not Kill | PBS Is WTTW your local station? Together, we can create a more connected and informed world. Miriam Leone or Valeria Ferro as she's known when she's gracing our screens in Thou Shalt Not Kill has taken an interesting path to acting. While Valeria goes hunting for Lombardi after escaping his unwanted advances, a secret death pact is made. Mesmerizing theme music plus hypnotic beauty of Miriam Leone make for a compelling crime series that is irresistible! Episode 1. We couldn't do it without you. big time. Add Image S2, Ep14 9 Dec. 2018 Episode #2.14 7.0 (26) Rate Valeria has found her abducted mother's remains. I had to wonder if all the good writers left. This is an ok crime drama but it has no pace or tension. Detective Valeria Ferro seeks to solve the puzzles behind crimes motivated by jealousy. Valerias mother spent time in prison for killing her husband when Valeria was a child. Valeria conducts herself at work and in the field somewhat like a savant yet lackadaisical teenager, always dressed in jeans and a baggy top while her coworkers have dresses, uniforms, jackets, and ties. Lucia's former cell mate, Monica, pays a visit upsetting both mother and daughter. Thou Shalt Not Kill | Episode Episode 10 After deciding to remain in Turin, Valeria returns to the crime scene of her father's murder and discovers a piece of evidence that has been. 1) The acting is very good, and the child actors are not only adorable but they are also talented. Just when peace seems to have been restored to the Ferro household, Monica, Lucia's former cell mate, pays a visit to the house and upsets the harmony that mother and daughter were slowly trying to re-establish. What is the Spanish language plot outline for Thou Shalt Not Kill (2015)? Fri, Mar 27, 2020 50 mins. My wife liked the romantic stuff more than me and I enjoyed the many attractive Italian women who appeared throughout. I've watched two seasons of this, since it just recently became available to me here in the USA via PBS on Roku. However, Guglielmo's three children seem to be hiding something; Leonardo works in the family bank, Eva is a suffering artist, Filippo is an eternal teenager not one of them seems particularly distraught. Valeria must look at the victims love life and at those he would have considered colleagues. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility at GBH, Transparency in Coverage Cost-Sharing Disclosures. Rewatch (or re-read recaps for) seasons 1 and 2 below! All as she struggles with her own demons and the phantoms of her past. Lucia sees that they are followed and is in fear of her life, so she . After watching only 2/3 of the first season, i felt like giving up. The lack of clues leads the police and public opinion to blame Arianna, but Valeria is convinced that she is completely innocent. And an early influence.Leone's father was a Latin teacher, and its from him that she gained a love for poetry and philosophy writing. With Miriam Leone, Matteo Martari, Thomas Trabacchi, Riccardo Lombardo. Like most of the Walter's Choice selects, this series is stylish, gritty, and highly addicting, starring the gorgeous Miriam Leone in the lead role. Without overlooking the obvious trail that leads to the halls of the monastery, Valeria questions Stefania's lover, Michele. You'll be hooked! Valeria Ferro investigates murders with the help of her colleagues in the police department whilst also unravelling her family's past. Listen Live: Classic and Contemporary Celtic, Listen Live: Cape, Coast and Islands NPR Station, Basic Black: Castle of Our Skins celebrates Black artistry through chamber music, 'Tom Jones' episode 1 recap: poor boy meets rich girl, 'Call The Midwife' season 12 episode 7 recap: losing & finding home, Worcester school counselor Sean Magwire is a finalist in the John Lennon Songwriting Contest, Composer Kenji Bunch is telling Japanese-American stories from WWII through music. See production, box office & company info. I thought the writing was pretty good and although Valeria didn't smile until probably the last season, I think they developed her character that way to fit with the trauma of her past. 2023 WNET. If you agree, well also use cookies to complement your viewing experience across Amazon video services as described in our Cookie Notice. She struggles with her own demons from her past that come back to life when her mother is released from jail after seventeen years.From Walter Presents, in Italian with English subtitles. I suspect we are inching towards a gradual unveiling. The living situation with Viola begins to take a toll on Valeria and Andreas relationship. PO Box 5776, Englewood, NJ 07631, Public Media NJ, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION TAX ID: 45-2552448. | Become a member of THIRTEEN ($5 monthly or $60 annually) and get access to THIRTEEN Passport as our thanks for your support. I am into episode 3 / 4, in which the father of a wealthy banking family is found murdered. There are murders were soldiers, monks, mixed martial arts fighters, and various other groups and professions are involved. Thou Shalt Not Kill Stubborn and determined detective Valeria Ferro endeavors to solve the challenging puzzles behind crimes motivated by jealousy, vendettas, and repressed anger to seek the truth and justice. In the homicide division of Turin's police force, Chief Inspector Valeria Ferro grabs the reigns of the investigation. 9. ), Giorgio, was the one to arrest her. [1] In the U.S. and U.K, the series is shown on Walter Presents. Anyone who is a fan of Modus, The Tunnel, or Wallender will enjoy. Rewatch (or re-read recaps for) seasons 1 and 2 below! Not only do we learn early on that Valeria's mom is in prison, but also that Valeria's boyfriend (and boss! I have enjoyed the series although there are serious flaws in how investigations are conducted. 825 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10019, WNET is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Members get extended access to PBS video on demand and more. Lucia is still hiding something from her. Watch now on WGBH Passport or catch it on WGBX 44, Wednesdays at 10pm. Her love for acting started earlyAlthough she was interested in performance from a young age, Leone chose to attend the University of Catania for a degree in Letters. But these are minor points of an intriguing series showing me interesting aspects of life in Turin, Italy (and do their grown children always live with their parents?) Stubborn and determined detective Valeria Ferro endeavors to solve the challenging puzzles behind crimes motivated by jealousy, vendettas, and repressed anger to seek the truth and justice. The show takes a dramatic turn when a 2nd family member passes away tragically, and Miriam's aggressiveness is alleged to be a factor. She says that her act of rebellion had deep roots in her desire to stand out. Detective Valeria Ferro investigates crimes motivated by jealousy, vendettas and repressed anger to seek the truth and justice.Detective Valeria Ferro investigates crimes motivated by jealousy, vendettas and repressed anger to seek the truth and justice.Detective Valeria Ferro investigates crimes motivated by jealousy, vendettas and repressed anger to seek the truth and justice. She hates conformity As a child, Leone was asked once to wear an apron for class. Early in the series she is released from prison having served seventeen years for the murder of Valeria's father. With the series making its television debut on WGBX 44, WGBH Drama Club wanted to dig deeper into the show to see just what we can expect from this exciting new property. Stream GBH's Award-Winning Content For Parents And Children. She struggles with her own demons from her past that come back to life when her mother is released from jail after seventeen years.From Walter Presents, in Italian with English subtitles. Clearly this drama was thought up before the "Me Too" movement, or they just don't care about that sort of thing in Italy. But this isn't the whole truth. This is only the beginning of the intrigue into Valeria's backstory; her mother's crime and her living situation with her brother and his family only cause more angst for our main girl. She has never denied the crime but her former cell mate claims she is really innocent. Death in Paradise. See Leone in action as Valeria Ferro in Thou Shalt Not Kill on WGBH Passport or on WGBX 44 at 10pm on Wednesdays. Viola comes to live with Valeria. Detective Valeria Ferro investigates crimes motivated by jealousy, vendettas and repressed anger to seek the truth and justice. That causes a change in a series, that is seldom good. Still troubled by the mystery surrounding the death of her father, Valeria is forced . It is entertaining and the plots are well drawn out with interesting characters and it does match Denmark's "The Killing" in mood and complexity. In this regard, along with the depiction of Italians as a specific stereotype I won't mention so that I don't ruin it for others, I didn't rate it higher. #sicily #roots #quindilaperitivodovelofacciamo #ragazzalavica #accuss, A post shared by miriam leone (@mirimeo) on Dec 23, 2019 at 4:22am PST. Two thumbs up anyway. A bit of a rebel, Leone often talks about how she had to trade in the Doc Martens and wild, dyed hair of her youth for little black dresses and heels to get to where she is today as a well-respected actor in a leading role. Valeria Ferro continues to investigate into the sentimental ecosystems struck by the trauma of crime. Season 2 premiered on Rai's streaming service RaiPlay. Thou Shalt Not Kill | Promotion | Season 3 Preview. Catch up on a single episode or binge-watch full seasons before they air on TV. The lead actress is so clearly able to think that you can see her insights and perceptions developing right onscreen. (e non facile qui, che non c' sabbia) La mia casa uno scoglio sul mare, l'unico 'sempre' che non mi stanca mai. Members get extended access to PBS video on demand and more. RE-WRITE! The series could also be better at broadening the other members of the crime team, because it seems like a one trick pony crew. Give it a try! Episode 2. Season two premiered on Rai's streaming service RaiPlay. This was first shown on Rai 3 in Italy for seasons one and two, which each contained 12 episodes, beginning in 2017. The body of 18-year-old Margherita is found near an apiary with her wrists cut, but Valeria knows that you must dig deeper to find out the truth. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility at GBH, Transparency in Coverage Cost-Sharing Disclosures. duemiladiciotto: oggi un uomo che pensavo di stimare mi ha detto, in sintesi, che se noi donne mettiamo foto sensuali, carine, se raccontiamo la nostra femminilit anche per immagini , o attraverso il modo di vestirci, poi non ci dobbiamo lamentare se ci molestano,o se gli uomini violentano. Interesting enough to keep me binge watching, An entertaining Italian police procedural. Partying and drugs lands Gabriele in a bad situation when he wakes up next to the massacred body of a girl. She decides to confront her mother and learns that Mario wasn't her real father and that her mother became pregnant with her after being raped. While Valeria attempts to prove the Ariana's innocence, Monica confesses that Lucia, has always been innocent as well - she wasn't the one who killed her husband and Valeria's father, Mario. We also use these cookies to understand how customers use our services (for example, by measuring site visits) so we can make improvements. Watched all the seasons although IMDb shows 24 episodes in season 2 it's actually 4 total.

How To Check Traffic Logs In Fortigate Firewall Gui, Earthquake: The Big One Universal Studios Hollywood, Where To Enter Gilt Promo Code, Ohsu Cardiology Staff, Articles T

thou shalt not kill did valeria kill her father