why is rob smith leaving bbc south east

When BBC South East Today started up in Tunbridge Wells, Rob made the move from painting pictures with words into capturing pictures with a camera as a reporter and video journalist. A Gannett Company. Natalie continues to present the 6.30pm evening news. Ten years later, he continued his fundraising efforted when he canoed the Medway for Sport Relief. inaccuracy or intrusion, then please He made headlines in 2008 when he sailed 2,000 miles around Britain in his yacht, raising 15,000 for charity, and again in 2018 when he canoed the Medway for Sport Relief. And there has been so much fun and laughter as well - alongside Polly Evans for many years, and then Natalie Graham more recently - and you really couldn't find two lovelier, funnier, sharper people in the world. He moved to BBC South East Today when it launched in 2001 and became co-presenter in 2009. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) . Presenters Natalie Graham, Rachel Mackley and Rob Smith will each be forced to compete for two jobs instead of three on the daily news show. If you have a complaint about the editorial content which relates to A stalwart of local BBC news coverage in Kent is leaving his role after 25 years with the broadcaster. [4][5], In 2012, he cycled at Brands Hatch for the 2012 Cyclothon. BBC 2020 - COPYRIGHT REMAINS WITH THE ORIGINAL OWNER AND IS USED FOR EDUCATIONAL & REFERENCE USE.Lead presenter Rob Smith's final South East Today bulletin . BBC South East Today, The Great Hall, Mount Pleasant Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN1 1QQ. Rob Smith, presenter of BBC South East Today, has announced he is leaving the broadcaster after 25 years. <br>Using my experience as the main presenter of BBC South East Today for 11 years, I can help you understand what the media wants from an interview, and how to think about your messaging when you engage with the media . 25 years of making friendships, and building my life. Former BBC South East Today star Rob Smith has described the rollercoaster journey he's been on since leaving the media outlet after 25 years. He wrote: "There were moments in the dark dismal days of January that it seemed like nothing I was doing was adding up to anything, and that leaving the safety of a huge corporation like the Beeb was a big mistake.". Kay Burley and Anna Botting will lead coverage throughout the day following the procession All Images and videos are the property of their respective owners. The presenter of the popular local BBC One bulletin will sign off for good on November 3. As always you can unsubscribe at any time. Despite the coronavirus pandemic being a huge weight on the shoulders of business owners, Rob has taken a leap of faith with building his own business. Rob Smith, presenter of BBC South East Today, has announced he is leaving the broadcaster after 25 years. Read about our approach to external linking. We must adapt to better reflect how people live their lives, how they get their news and what content they want. Natalie Graham will continue as the lead presenter when he signs off on November 3. Is climate change killing Australian wine? "After thirty . King Charles III: The Coronation will be broadcast live from 8.30am to 3.00pm on Saturday 6th May giving viewers on ITV1 and ITVX a close up view Channel 4 today confirmed that it has renewed its contract with ITN to supply Channel 4 News until December 2026. Signing up to the KentLive newsletter means you'll get the latest news direct to your inbox twice a day. Rob Smith, presenter of BBC South East Today, has announced he is leaving the broadcaster after 25 years. He enjoyed seven great years on the radio, working alongside stalwarts such as Colin Johnson and Barbara Sturgeon, and ending up producing and presenting the evening drivetime show. Helen Thomas, the Director of BBC England, says: Im proud people have turned to us for trusted news and information in huge numbers during Covid-19, proving the importance of our local and regional services. In a tweet posted earlier today, Laura said: "A new chapter is starting for me. Rob lives in Kent, and is married with two young children. Jason Horton, Head of the BBC in the South and South East, said: Rob has been a fixture on our televisions and radios for more than two decades. ", "My intention with any film is to tell a genuine story - and the quirkier, the less "corporate" and the more personal that story is, the better.". But those services were created more than 50 years ago, have changed very little and need significant reinvention. Subway worker attacked after confronting thief about stolen sandwich. Jason Horton, Head of the BBC in the South and South East, said: "Rob has been a fixture on our televisions and radios for more than two decades. Rob Smith, the presenter of BBC South East Today, has announced he is leaving the broadcaster after 25 years. The secret mine that hid the Nazis' stolen treasure. [7], Smith lives in Kent and is married with two children.[2]. This is a huge decision for me I joined BBC Radio Kent back in 1995 when we still edited on quarter inch tape with a razorblade and a chinagraph pencil, said Rob, So much has changed. A personal highlight was following the World Cup campaign in 2006 in Germany, driving across Europe in an elderly VW campervan. You can also enter your email address in the box below the picture on most desktop and mobile platforms. A BBC South East presenter will be axed as part of sweeping cuts made across the national broadcaster's news network. Explore in 3D: The dazzling crown that makes a king. Rob has been a presenter and reporter with BBC South East Today since the programme started in 2001. The Coronation on Saturday 6 May will be the centrepiece of live coverage with ceremonial events including the Westminster Sky News political correspondent Joe Pike is joining BBC Newsnight. "His reassuring presence and outstanding skill as a journalist have won him plaudits across the region - and rightly so.". Language links are at the top of the page across from the title. It means that one of the presenters will be made redundant. Which is where Wild Rover Media comes in. Rob said that working on the programme was a "joy", and had "always been so much more than a job.". Former BBC South East Today star Rob Smith has described the rollercoaster journey he's been on since leaving the media outlet after 25 years. Rob, a father-of-two, has covered thousands of stories for BBC South East Today, including the Shoreham Airshow disaster and investigations into sexual abuse at the Church of England in Sussex. The 6.30pm bulletins will only have one presenter while the simplified schedule for Local Radio - with each station having three daytime shows with one presenter - will continue. Mr Warnett, who had been with the BBC for 30 years, is signing off after his last show today. This page has been archived and is no longer updated. The secret mine that hid the Nazis' stolen treasure. last updated: 06/11/2009 at 13:01created: 26/01/2007. Rob joined the BBC in 1995 as a reporter with BBC Radio Kent. It couldn't be simpler and it takes seconds - simply press here, enter your email address and follow the instructions. Southampton axe throwing venue now open at the Marlands Shopping Centre, The best axe throwers could go on to compete for the title of UK champion, 'Not the end' - Southampton coach makes exciting claim after Leeds United loss seals league fate, Southampton's B team have been crowned Premier League 2 Division 2 champions after Leeds United lost out to West Bromwich Albion, with Saints winning the title on goal difference, Southampton's remaining fixtures compared with Everton, Leicester, Leeds and Nottingham Forest, Southampton currently sit bottom of the Premier League with 24 points from 34 games, with Saints facing a tough task to avoid relegation in their final four fixtures, Romain Perraud makes Southampton pledge as he sends 'difficult' message after injury update, Romain Perraud has now been ruled out for the rest of the season after sustaining an ankle injury in Southampton's 1-0 defeat against Bournemouth in the Premier League in midweek, BBC pundit proved wrong on relegation battle amid Bournemouth, Forest and Southampton verdicts, Southampton are bottom of the Premier League table and six points from safety after a 3-1 defeat against Newcastle United, with relegation looking increasingly likely, Alan Shearer pinpoints what made the difference for Newcastle United against Southampton, Southampton lost out 3-1 against Newcastle United at St James' Park, despite leading 1-0 at half time after Stuart Armstrong's goal in the first half for Saints, Hampshire walks perfect for the whole family this bank holiday weekend, Man arrested after chasing another man with a knife in Southampton, Officers are keen to identify the man who was being chased, 12 of Airbnbs quirkiest places to stay in Hampshire, There are a number of quirky options across Hampshire, Data reveals 30,000 broken streetlights in Hampshire as Lib Dems blame 'chronic underfunding', Data revealed by the Lib Dems shows more than 200,000 were reported broken across the country, Gun and knife seen during fight in Sandown, Officers attended the scene and found a man with facial injuries. We pay our respects to Kent residents who have died in recent weeks. Rob Smith, Netflix's former director of unscripted, has left his role as general manager at BBC Studios' L.A. production unit after just nine months. Read about our approach to external linking. I met my wife Gemma at Radio Kent, and our home and our family is here in Kent. BBC South East Today's Rob Smith has decided to leave the broadcaster after 25 years. The incident took place in a branch of Subway on Portswood Road in Southampton. [2], He joined the BBC in the South East in 1994. Smith has covered thousands of stories for BBC South East Today, including the Shoreham Airshow disaster and investigations into sexual abuse in Church of England in Sussex, as well as interviewing a man who kept a 6ft lizard in his bath. mike barnicle nantucket house why is dominic heale leaving east midlands news A stalwart of local BBC news coverage in Kent is leaving his role after 25 years with the broadcaster. Rob joined the BBC in 1995 as a reporter with BBC Radio Kent. Hes also one of the most talented broadcasters in our organisation who makes everything he does look infuriatingly effortless. He is due to sign off on 3 November, when co-presenter Natalie Graham will continue as lead presenter. Notable credit. ", Fighter jets are roaring over my home in Sudan, Russia launches missile attacks on Ukraine, JP Morgan snaps up troubled US bank First Republic. Former BBC South East Presenter Rob Smith opens up about inner turmoil 6 months after leaving the media outlet (Image: Kent and Sussex Courier) Former BBC South East Today star Rob Smith has described the rollercoaster journey he's been on since leaving the media outlet after 25 years. Video, The secret mine that hid the Nazis' stolen treasure, Trump mistrial request denied in NY rape lawsuit, MasterChef Australia host Jock Zonfrillo dies, Explosion derails train in Russian border region, Father tells how gunman opened fire on Texas home, US rock band Aerosmith announce farewell tour, NFL player's daughter, aged two, drowns in pool, Banana artwork in Seoul museum eaten by visitor, Trump says 'great to be home' on visit to Scotland. Rob Smith is an English television presenter, who has been a co-anchor on the BBC South East Today news programme. Presenters Natalie Graham, Rachel Mackley and Rob Smith will each be forced to compete for two jobs instead of three on the daily news show. BBC Studios has hired former Netflix exec Rob Smith to head up its LA-based production division. Jason Horton, head of the BBC in the South and South East, said: "Rob has been a fixture on our televisions and radios for more than two decades. ", Behind the scenes pictures show crews filming Danny Boyle's new Sex Pistols series in Dover. why is dominic heale leaving east midlands news. Rob Schmitt was a Fox News correspondent who suddenly left the network in early 2018. BBC South East presenter Rob Smith has announced he will signing off on November 3. Those ads you do see are predominantly from local businesses promoting local services. The broadcasting veteran told the BBC that it was a "joy" working on the programme. Wild Rover Media is now in the process of producing and publishing several short films, where the presenter has spoken to small business owners, to help them propel their company. He said: "This is a huge decision for me - I joined BBC Radio Kent back in 1995 when we still edited on quarter-inch tape with a razor blade and a chinagraph pencil. He said: This is a huge decision for me - I joined BBC Radio Kent back in 1995 when we still edited on quarter inch tape with a razorblade and a chinagraph pencil! So much has changed. We believe in pursuing excellence in sustainable development. Smith said: "This is a huge decision for me - I joined BBC Radio Kent back in 1995 when we still edited on quarter inch tape with a razorblade and a chinagraph pencil.

Scottsbluff Public Schools Staff, How To Say Happy Birthday In Kurdish Sorani, Jamal Murray Hand Size, Physical Therapy Pick Up Lines, Tartaros Terminator Conversion, Articles W

why is rob smith leaving bbc south east